“Clean, reasonable and perfect for fireworks.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
BEST WESTERN Kamuk Hotel & Casino
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Quepos
Seward,Alaska
“Clean, reasonable and perfect for fireworks.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2009

I had a bird's eye view of the New Year's eve fireworks from the balcony. At times I thought they were coming right at me! There were bands playing in the street the whole weekend so this isn't a quiet place. I could hear the music in my room but I very much enjoyed that. Great street party and everyone was really mellow.

Service with everything was fantastic . Front desk very personable and helped arrange excursions. Laundry was done same day for a reasonable amount. Housekeeping good. Pool was clean and great for noon tanning. I disliked the waterfall/ fountain due to the noise. I hear enough water falling with the rain back home. Someone must have read my mind as the next day they never turned it on. LOL I enjoyed the casino. Restaurant was good with a free breakfast of toast, cereal and fruits. Easy walking to other establishments/stores.

I stayed here 2 seperate times for a week each with a very nice discount. I was really happy they had a room since it was a major holiday and most other places were booked or very expensive. Ended up just right for me and was my favorite hotel overall in Costa Rica.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Hebrew first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2009

If you're not going to stay up in or near Manuel Antonio Nat'l Park then BW is a good option because it is cheaper, the rooms are clean and the AC works well. Restaurant has good food and fair menu selection. Great waitresses and very helpful staff-most speak ingles. Probably best american-style hotel in town. Pool is small and gets pretty warm by late afternoon, but perfect after a day of hiking in the park. Free wi-fi signal is strong to excellant in the restaurant, but weak in room 218. TV are 19-inch. Did not partake of casino, but it is there. Nearby bars can get noisy and vehicular traffic is pretty busy from 8am to 9 pm. Most places quiet down by 11 or 12. On-premises gift shop and adventure/fishing tour outfitter provides great convenience-I recommend both. However, must be 4 other outfitters within the 4 block by 5 block town. You can hit them all in 20 minutes walking & compare for market price. Same goes for hotels and eateries. Quepos suffers from street trash and open street sewer problems like most of central america so don't be disappointed--that's just how it is for now. The town has no beach as such, but great view of pacific ocean from 3rd floor restaurant. You go to Manuel Antonio Nat'l Park for beaches and trekking. Great base of operations for further travel up or down coast. Street parking is at your own risk.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

A great place to stay for 1-2 days. Simple rooms. Free Continental breakfast, but you can also purchase extras to go with it. Wi-Fi works best closer to the casino area. I had to open my curtains, and sit near the window to get a stronger signal.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Denton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2009

We stayed here for 3 nights, Mar 16-19, 2009, and could not have been happier. We got an internet, senior rate of $58.50 inc brkfast and that ended up being about the same price as some of the other, less desirable hotels in Quepos.

We had rm. 216, an inside room with balcony opening to the atrium so it was quiet. We requested a non-smoking room with 2 beds and our request was honored. We had twin beds, cable TV, coffee maker/Cafe Britt coffee, safe, large bathroom with all amenities and glassed-in shower.

Breakfast was served in the restaurant on the 3rd floor with wonderful views of the beach. Continental breakfast was included and was coffee, fresh OJ, several fresh fruits, cereal, toast . . . eggs could be added for less than $2.

The hotel had free internet in the lobby and a beautiful pool. All the employees were super friendly and helpful . . . we were surprised at how nice this hotel was.

We LOVE being in the center of town, we would have hated to have been out in the park area, as we do not relax well . . . we like to be on the go and we like to be able to walk everywhere.

If we return to Quepos, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank behrens1
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2009

Look, Manuel Antonio and Quepos are pretty expensive for lodging. I stayed here with a buddy of mine for 3 nights for a total of 180 bucks all taxes and breakfast included. It is in a perfect downtown location. No, it is not on the beach, but take the bus to the beach for like 50 cents or take a cab for 3500 colones (about 6 bucks). It takes 10 min and is a heck of a lot better than paying 100 - 200 bucks a night for a hotel up on the hill. If you are at all budget conscious, this is the place to be. It has a pool on the property (it is HOT in Quepos) and a decent, filling breakfast is free. This was my third time to this area of CR and I just wish I had stayed here before. If you are looking for a beautiful view, check out the sunset from the 3rd floor restaurant where they serve the free breakfast, freaking awesome. Otherwise, not exactly a romantic hotel. But, if you want cheap, convenient, SUPER CLEAN, friendly staff and general ease, choose the BW.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank breakdwn0219
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2009

Hi,

I recently stayed here during a last minute visit to Costa Rica. I stayed here, as there were no other options that I could find online during New Years. Room was clean. I booked on expedia, but prices on bestwestern.com were cheaper (did receive the difference for a future purchase on expedia). Just wanted a clean place to sleep and store my stuff and it met my expectation. The room is loud as there is music playing across the street (you can hear the music). This was not a problem after a full day of walking and had no issue since I was exhausted, although I was concerned when I first checked in. If you are a light sleeper, then you may want to consider another hotel. Has hot water and good water pressure compared to my other hotels/hostels that I stayed in Costa Rica. Bus station to Manuel Antonio is right around the corner, but you many want to stay closer to the park since there are other hotels/hostel that are closer. Bus trip cost less than 50 cents and the trip is about 20-30 minute, which isn't too long. Good breakfast that is included consisting of toast/bread, fruits, cereal, juice and coffee. Wanted a non-smoking room since that was my preference. However, there was none available. My room did not smell of smoke, but I did look at another room at it had a very smoky smell. If the price I had was cheaper, then I would rate higher for the value. Overall, average place to stay. Would stay again, but may look around for a better value and quieter place to stay.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank leungk115
LaGrangeville, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2008

Being located along the sea front in Quepos, with an ocean view, is a small slice of America. The Hotel Kamuk is clean, comfortable, looks to be newly renovated and is in a good location. They have a small pool, casino and a restaurant. The restaurant offers Costa Rican style foods and is OK. The room rate is standard and I'm sure there are many places where you can find a room for less, but it was nice to have a hot shower, TV and all the amenities you can expect from a Best Western, only in Costa Rica.

Stayed December 2008
2 Thank Glenn W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quepos
Hotel Mono Azul
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,427 reviews
Hotel Le Priss
Hotel Le Priss
#9 of 16 in Quepos

Been to BEST WESTERN Kamuk Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!