“Very poor location, noice & service - not suitable for family”

Best Western Hotel & Casino Kamuk
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Quepos
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Hi,

We stayed in his hotel for a night and our experience is very poor.
Location is not good and this is on top of a casino playing loud noise and we could not sleep also we see hookers roaming around in the night.

Wifi did not work and breakfast was a farce

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel & Casino Kamuk

Reviewed April 3, 2013

After spending 5 days at a friend's home without air, the Best Western Hotel & Casino was refreshing. We weren't looking for anything luxurious, just a place with some a/c and a pool and the Best Western was just what we needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was small but just fine. It was a little noisy next to the restaurant, but it wasn't an issue because we were so tired. The pool is small, but again it was perfectly fine for us. The food in the restaurant was tasty and we had an excellent view of the ocean while we ate. Overall, we were pleased with our stay.

Room Tip: It may be quieter getting a room in the interior rather than on the street.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2013

No wifi and nonsmoking room reeked of smoke upon arrival. Went to the restaurant on the third third floor and despite being only one of a few people there, service was super-slow and then non-existent once my husband joined me. Quepos isn't as traveler-friendly as Manuel Antonio - just stay there. Better service, reliable Internet, more to do.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I stayed here the 1st week in March 2013. I had a room on the 3rd floor overlooking Wacky Wanda's. Believe me there was no shortage of entertainment right from my balcony. I saw a hooker fight that lasted a good 20 minutes. The hooker that got the beating needed her but kicked because the day before she walked into Wanda's where I was drinking and just grabbed my drink and started drinking it. She was a fat pig! I really didn't have a problem with the noise...I slept fine but I'm sure the 20 or so rum and cokes before bed helped. The room was fine with the exception of the bed, it was to hard and to low to the ground, making it hard for fat guys like me to get up. I liked the casino but stay away from the texas holdem table. It's run by a guy named Dan who has it rigged. He uses at least 1 American College kid in his scam, possibly 2. Play carib stud and you'll be fine. Coctail waitress' in there were great and when it got late they came around with sandwiches. Like I said...all in all not bad for the price but not a place to bring the wife.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Bill C
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Originally, we had two ideas for local places to stay and eco hotels around the world. ” It's incredibly important to expand your horizons. Even worse would be to say, “check out these amazing eco hotels around the world.” I mean that just sends the wrong message – after all, you’d be hopping onto a plane. Much less hypocritical however, would be to explore some of the amazing places that are actually worth traveling for. Modern day living is often on a par with a rat run: non-stop work, cities that never sleep and people who are constantly on your back. Sometimes it’s important to just step back and to take a break. So this Kamuk hotel gives to the customer what it needs as fast as possible in a beautiful place Quepos.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Service in the restaraunt was very slow and the portions were very small but tasty. Minimal breakfast but the hotel is very affordable. We wish we had gone on to Manuel for a classier abeit more expensive hotel. Quepos itself seems to be changing and not for the better. I will not stay there ever again. Not sure there is anyting the hotel can do about its neighbors and the direction the city is going.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in a deluxe room (rm 409) with a pool view. For the price, this place is great. Directly across the street from the water, plenty of Taxi on the street to get to M.A. The restaurant had good service and great costa rican cosado plates. The staff was pleasant. The was clean... there were some bugs entering the room from a crack near the balcony... didn't really bother us. It was what I expected. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Interior rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quepos
Serenity Boutique Hotel Quepos
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa
Tulemar Resort
Tulemar Resort
#2 of 46 in Manuel Antonio

Been to Best Western Hotel & Casino Kamuk? Share your experiences!