“Budget Hotel”

Best Western Hotel & Casino Kamuk
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Quepos
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My standard room was a bit cramped, but with a very nice, but cramped bathroom. There are some homeless people sleeping on the street outside the hotel. The cops wake them up in the morning and tell them to go away. I didn't see homeless people in Jaco like I did there. I was there during low season so there were not a lot of people in town. There is a very nice view from the the 3rd floor restaurant of the beach. The staff was very friendly and helpful in helping me look for tours. They also helped me to find nice restaurants to eat at. I wouldn't recommend Quepos in general. I was not impressed.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel & Casino Kamuk

Reviewed October 18, 2012

From the outside it looks ordinary, but the Best Western kamuk is anything but ordinary. Lovely Spanish architecture, incredibly helpful staff, excellent bed and great views. We found the room was large and well appointed, the service really good and the bar and Restaurant excellent value. Recommend it particularly as we were here in the wet season. The room we were initially given was small, but it was no trouble to change and nicest. Good laundry service also.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AustralianToronto
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night. The hotel was booked for us by Coast to Coast adventures for the night before the start of their C2C trip. Smart enough hotel just across the road from the Pacific. We arrived too early to check in, but the reception staff were happy to store our bags and give us directions to the bus station to get the bus to Manuel Antonio.
Nothing majorly good or bad to say. The rooms were OK, the pool was a bit grubby, but OK. The restaurant was pretty good. The hotel was very quiet....none of the noise experienced by other people and definitely no parties of 'guys'.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank spd15ok
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Nice Pacific views. Clean. Had salads and they were good. Had ceviche made unlike any I've had before. Was good also. Priced medium.

1  Thank traveldiane54
Reviewed September 6, 2012

What a horrible experience I had at this Best Western.
I arrived late at night, and there was vacancy at the Best Western. The door man watched me struggle to get my baggage out of the car and up the 3 ft. curb. Didn't lift a finger to help.
Check in was fine, the person at reception was very good and polite. Went up to the room and it smelled like something had been dumped on the floor a week ago. The person at the desk came up to the room, walked in and said "You're right, I'll get you another room". Moved across the hall. The beds in both rooms looked like they had been there since the 70's hard and old. Same with the everything else in the room (except the towels they were nice and new)
I went for a walk because the restaurant was closed. Drug addicts filled the streets, no warnings from the hotel staff.
When I came back I went to check out the casino. The one poker table was closed, and so were half the slot machines. That meant the casino consisted of 1 DJ playing music too loud, a Bar with 5 very drunk people sitting in front of it and about 15 working slot machines with about 8 people playing. Not really a casino (as I know them).
Went back to the room to sleep. Of course my room was right above the casino with the very loud music. Next to impossible to fall asleep. At 5:30 am I was woken up by the restaurant. They decided it was the perfect time to move all the furniture around. I couldn't get back to sleep so I got around 3 hrs sleep in total.
I complained at the front desk when I finally got out of bed and the person working there just looked at me. I went up to the restaurant to complain, there was no restaurant manager, and everyone in the restaurant did the same thing ... just looked at me. No apologies, no one thinking they had done anything wrong, was like talking to a wall.
I had the complimentary breakfast (toast and coffee) and watched the drug addicts hide from the rain in the shelter out the front of the hotel. I asked if I could have a take out cup so I could go back to the room and pack, to go to another hotel and the waiter told me it would cost me $1.50 US. (crazy)
Even though I paid for a night sleep, I got 3 hrs worth and no apology for the noise. There was no compensation at all, not even a coffee to go. Would have been much better off at any other hotel in the city.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the 2nd floor you will have the Casino all night long and the restaurant at...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank JymMorton
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I took my family here, probably would have been a better guys only type thing, but the place was really clean, centrally located to town, and very nice and Cheaper than the hotels I found on the internet! Ok view from the restaurant, but nothing like the views from some of the hotels on the road to the beach. But, it was much cheaper and clean and everybody was super nice so I'd recommend it, especially for those wanting the night life!

Room Tip: If you don't want a lot of noise, I wouldn't recommend staying on the street side, you can s...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Terrible noise 24/7; drunks screaming all night outside. Smelly rooms with linen and towels you wouldn't expect to find in a one star hotel! Mattresses that make you prefer sleep on the floor. The staff was correct, not very warm, they couldn't do anything to change anything to make the experience pleasant. Avoid it if you can! There are beautiful spots on the way to Manuel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quepos
Serenity Boutique Hotel Quepos
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa
Tulemar Resort
Tulemar Resort
#2 of 46 in Manuel Antonio

Been to Best Western Hotel & Casino Kamuk? Share your experiences!