Best Western Hotel & Casino Kamuk
Pacific Paradise Resort(Quepos)(Great Value!)
$85
$82
La Foresta Nature Resort(Quepos)(Great Value!)
$85
Serenity Boutique Hotel Quepos(Quepos)(Great Value!)
$54
  • Breakfast included
$49
$59
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Free Internet
All reviewsfloor restaurantlocked parkingvery nice hotelaztec soupthe buslight sleeperocean viewnight securityconvenient place to staysmall balconyrestaurant stafffree breakfastsuper closeexcellent staymanuel antonio npwithin easy walking distancedowntown quepos
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Since I did not want to pay excessive rates at nearby closer to the Manuel Antonio National Park properties ranging from USD150 to USD650 per night plus taxes
I booked directly this Best Western after checking negative reviews from other guests to anticipate what I could be expecting.

I found that this hotel is on line with those ratings but according to the price I paid –USD62/night taxes and breakfast included- I could honestly not be asking for more.

Negatives :
Though I booked for a very quiet room preferring tranquility and sleep quality to a view, the surrounding noise was an issue. First there is bad room to room sound insulation but I was lucky since the hotel was far from being full.
Then the inner atrium amplifies all surrounding noises such as street traffic and guests or staff talking loudly in the hallways. The thin guest rooms doors can not stop anything. It gave me the impression that I got a room without walls in the middle of the hotel.
But the worse occurs when there is a local ”singer" probably kicked out from Costa Rica got Talent tries to entertain guests dining at the 3rd floor restaurant until midnight replacing its lack of voice by a lot of amplified distorted decibels.
This calamity seems to happen mostly on Saturdays.

Most rooms are tiny with a low lying bed and pretty basic in terms of furniture.

When it rains and it happens a lot May to February there is a terrible drain smell in rooms.

There are numerous dark spots on the bathroom’s white tiles. After trying to scrub them I found that this is not filth as I early thought but just 3rd choice tiles with a lot of impacts.

The free breakfast is basic with a very limited choice of items : corn flakes, choco pops, ananas, water melons and toasts. That’s it. However, it is served on a panoramic place with ocean view.

Positives :
Split system A/C works fine.
Flat panel TV set with a large selection of channels.
Staff has been helpful anytime I have been dealing with them.
There is a charming little swimming pool surrounded by lush vegetation in the inner garden.
Well maintained property.
WiFi internet access works well.
Although there is a fenced and locked parking area 200 yards from the hotel entrance you will still have to open the gate and locked it by yourself.

My conclusion is to stay here if you are on a budget and not too sensitive to noise issues.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank HOTELLMEMORE
Reviewed May 5, 2011

robbed of my passport and wallet by three thugs on a Sunday night after leaving their casino. Incident happened in fron t of the hotel entrance with a "security guard" 7 feet away.. after next day treatment by medics and police reports, I saw the Best Western Manager who said security was for "cars, not people". I phoned Best Western International to tell them, and they were totally lackadaisical and without sympathy, stating "I wasn't a guest". However I was just patronizing their attached Casino. Bottom line, I lived in Quepos for a year and a half, and this property has a reputation that one should not venture there after dark. Quepos is full of desperate crack addicts and I am writing to warn you, that if this your intended destination, by all that is holy, stay in Manuel Antonio and NOT Quepos. Avoid the casino, as you will be taking your life possibly in your own hands. It appears Best Western takes an unknown responsibility for their guests, but NOT their patrons.

Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
13  Thank Bob M
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Good stay, termite dropings behind the door of #212, been there a while, hence, never been cleaned for a while. Hotel should check if the wood structure (termite food!) is still solid.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Warrenbaba
Reviewed April 2, 2011

We were fishing, so the hotel location was very convenient to the boats. Hotel was clean and the staff helpful. Room OK with balcony. We had a room overlooking the water and were waken up each night by people at the park across the street. Noise often went until 3 or 4 a.m. I would recommend a pool side room for quiet sleeping.

The breakfast is nice with the restaurant overlooking the water. Note: there is a street and small park between the hotel and water. There was also live music in the restaurant for happy hour. Pool was very nice. They do have fenced in parking and you need to get the key from the front desk.

If we weren't fishing, I'd select a hotel closer to the National Park. Quepos doesn't feel like a resort town.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeff04
Reviewed February 4, 2011

A very nice exceptionally clean and a very friendly staff. From the moment you check in everybody wants to help you, The room that I stayed in #218 was very clean and comfortable. The hotel has a great restaurant on the 3rd floor and the staff can't due enough for you. the rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels always were there. Internet is there as well as a nice pool. The town noise was not a problem at all

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo