“Its a local spot.”

Wacky Wanda's
Ranked #44 of 95 Restaurants in Quepos
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Been Hanging in here for a long time.I am not considered a tourist here any more .Always a stop after fishing.Not into the late night any more.I like going in here.Foods good.Friendly.It helps if your Republican for sure!!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Another expat hang out. It is also the only bar in Quepos that we found with AC. We stopped in to check it out and hoped to meet some expats. To our surprise, they weren’t all that friendly and kind of click-y. Only person that talked to us at the bar was another tourist traveling from Canada. All the expats were partying together on the other end and didn’t seem interested in outside conversation. The drinks were about the same price as everywhere else in Quepos (expensive). I had a margarita that I would say was below average in flavor and my husband had a beer and our bill was 3,600 colones, about $7.5 US. The very interesting/odd thing was a hooker that entered the bar and started working the room. She approached every men in the place (they all seemed to know her), except for my husband – he was with me. Oh, did I mention I was the only female customer in the bar? I felt sorry for the poor Canadian guy next to us trying to explain to her that he was waiting for a friend. All in all, we only stopped here once because we didn’t feel terribly welcomed.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Got tricked into coming here by the bright "air condition" sign. My boyfriend and ordered a few cold drinks and the bartender was friendly. You can tell this place is American owned by all the pictures of Ronald Reagan and George Bush on the walls. There are other pictures of Gringos sport fishing and such and Fox News is on. I'm not of a fan of this ambiance but what I couldn't stand most was Wanda. She was bad mouthing President Obama in front of customers which is highly unprofessional and bossing the bartender around like a slave saying," if you want a vacation you better keep selling that booze!" She's the type of self- entitled gringo that gives other peaceful Americans a bad rap around the world. Don't come here, there are MUCH better bars in Quepos/Manuel Antonio to grab a brewski.

4  Thank guanabana28
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Go here for good drinks, cold beer, fully air conditioned, and great bar food. No one leaves as a stranger. Wanda likes to talk and is a great source of local information.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

If you get a chance, have the authentic Jaeger-Schnitzel prepared by Albert. He is one of the regulars who Wanda allows into the kitchen. I was lucky enough to have him show me how he prepares it. Das Schmecht! Randy Grande. Alias HOSS

1  Thank Randall K