“Republican World Headquarters, Central American Region” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Pub, Costa Rican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Edmonton, Canada
“Republican World Headquarters, Central American Region”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

If you get a chance, have the authentic Jaeger-Schnitzel prepared by Albert. He is one of the regulars who Wanda allows into the kitchen. I was lucky enough to have him show me how he prepares it. Das Schmecht! Randy Grande. Alias HOSS

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Randall K

magrath, ab
“So good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

This place has the best burger in all of Quepos! I loved it! The cook made it exactly as we requested. Everything was delicious. The staff was so friendly and you could tell they actually appreciated your service! If ever I am back in Quepos, I will definetly go back!

• Visited December 2011
Union City, New Jersey
“Best burger in Quepos???? I can see why!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

My friend Anders and I went into Quepos to go jet skiing again one morning, but were unable to get onboard. True to our nature, we did not let this spoil our fun! We decided to take a walk through town and see the markets and shops. Having been to Quepos many times before, and hearing about Wacky Wanda's burger, we decided to try it out once and for all.... Wacky Wanda's is a great local place with a Giant splash of memorabilia for the tourists to check out. There are pictures of Wanda partying with the likes of movie stars, presidents, and everyone inbetween!! These photos date back 20-30 years I would guess!!! Wanda looks like one hell of a party gal, I'm just sad I didn't get to meet her in person! Well, it was about noon when we arrived. She seems more of a night owl! The atmosphere was very cozy. A long bar with a half a dozen tables along the wall. The bartender was a really friendly surf hippie type that made us laugh from the get go. Anders is a vegetarian, so he ordered the fish sandwich. I, of course, ordered the burger. Carlos Santana music filled the place, and when I looked up, it was a live concert also being shown on the big screen tv. Great vibes. Our food arrived and it looked fantastic! Anders fish sandwich was HUGE!!! My burger was a two hands on project. I am a HUGE burger fan. The thing that set Wanda's burger apart from others was the use of herbs and spices. It wasn't just a big beef patty, there was a generous amount of flavors mixed into this monster. I generally prefer "plain" when it comes to food, but the little more than subtle amount of seasoning really made this burger delicious. It was big enough to make me put it down a few times and say "enough"..... But I managed to keep picking it up again until it was all gone. Both dishes were served with a heap of delicious crispy steak fries. Everything was great, and the vibe was really relaxing. As a burger fanatic, I give it two thumbs up!!

Next time, I hope to dance with Wanda herself!!!

Pura Vida!

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank Seandog
Marathon, Florida
“Get Wasted at Wacky Wanda's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

If in Quepos, Wacky Wanda's is a must. Air conditioned, cold beer, awesome drinks, and good food! Locals and expats both frequent this bar. The prices are very good compared to other Wacky Wannabe's. Wanda is a hoot! Tell her Beth and Phil sent ya!

1 Thank nobic0213