“Definitely worth a visit!”

Jaime Peligro Book & CD Shop
Ranked #2 of 11 Shopping in Quepos
More attraction details
Owner description: Jaime Peligro Books & Cd Shop carries a wide variety of new and used books along with local Music. We offer free Wi-Fi with in store purchase or bring in a used book, Cd or newer magazine. We have thousands of titles to choose from you'll be sure to find your next page turner at Jaime Peligro Books & CD Shop. Don't forget your books for the beach, car ride, bus ride or just down time in the hotel. We are open Mon-Fri 9:30am to 6:00pm Sat-Sun 11am to 5pm. We love to know where our customers are from in the world, so be sure to put a pin in the World map where you're from! Will you be the FIRST pin in your city? C'mon in and check it out!
Reviewed August 23, 2010

If you are in the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area you must go to Jaime Peligro Book & CD Shop. Whether you need a book, postcards, tips on the best tours in the area and off-the-beaten-path hidden attractions around the area, or even just air conditioning and some friendly conversation...owners Jeff and Carolyn can help you with pretty much anything you need.

They have a great selection on books and get new titles pretty regularly. And now they've added temporary tattoos to their list of offerings so you can be the coolest person at the beach.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

Found this friendly little bookstore amid the bustling Quepos streets. The shop was just what my wife and our kids needed-- a friendly, quiet place to buy and browse used books. The owners were also very helpful, insightful, and honest in their reviews of local cuisine and concessionaires. A nice respite from the huslte and humid town. Very nice folks inside too!

Reviewed June 12, 2010

My first trip to Costa Rica would have been a drab vacation had I not found the Jaime Peligro book shop. Of course I had done a lot of research about Quepos/Manuel Antonio and the surrounding areas before taking off on a jet plane but trips fueled by spontaneity and unexpected adventure usually turn out to be the best kind. Of course those trips are a lot less hectic and a little more comfortable (especially if you lose your ID, debit card and a bunch of money in the ocean) when you're guided by someone who knows the area, its secret spots and its tourist attractions. Enter Jeff and Carolyna of the Jamie Peligro Book and CD Shop. If you're entering the Quepos area and are looking for some amazing experiences stop by the book shop and say hello. The owners will greet you with kindness, hospitality and a great knowledge of local attractions.

If you happened to forget everything you learned in high school Spanish and left your map at home have no fear, the Jaime Peligro book shop has everything you need to sort out your logistics, learn about local wildlife, parks, guided tours, transportation and you'll be able to catch up on common phrases with a pocket Spanish dictionary. If you paid attention in that Spanish class then you'll be happy to find a great selection of books by local authors and even some classy cookbooks in the local language.

The book shop is also a fantastic place to chill. Buy a book or bring in a used one and you'll be able to relax on a nice couch in the air conditioning and take advantage of some high speed wi-fi. While checking your email you'll have a nice view of local street life through the large windows. If your timing is good then you might catch the ceviche delivery guy!

Jaime Peligro Book and CD Shop, a great place to get your bearings, buy some books and local music and possibly make a few friends. Stop by and strike up a conversation with Jeff or Carolyna, you'll leave with a smile on your face and some knowledge in your brain! Pura Vida!

2  Thank solfrunt
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Just a few short weeks ago I walked by the cutest local bookstore in downtown Quepos. Of course I backed up immediately because it was pulling and calling me to go inside. Of course my two addictions of choice are books and coffee/lattes. Well, I found myself in book heaven here. I was greeted immediately by the owners Jeff and Carolyn who are very warm and welcoming and genuinely interested in you and why you chose Costa Rica as your travel destination, what you have seen/done throughout the country, etc...It's nice to be around people who like other people and who are not only interested in you but are interesting themselves. Jeff and Carolyn were MORE than helpful with local tips and suggestions and I was even having a problem with something on my travels and Carolyn went the above and beyond to help me out that had nothing to do with books, etc...Talk about going the extra mile! She had just met me but was more than willing to help out. No hesitation at all but that's just how they are. Warm and friendly and very HELPFUL! She saved my day for sure. I don't know about any of you reading this but as a book junkie myself I'm a huge fan of the smaller local bookstores in any town but especially this one. It's nice when you actually get to meet the owners and have a conversation with them. And I ended up in conversations and laughing over shared stories with other visitors as well. How often does that happen at Barnes and Noble?? Plus I learned so much more about Quepos and the surrounding areas. Jaime Peligro has a large selection of books whether you are into the classics, non-fiction, fiction (which are my favorite beach books), local book by a local author, or books about Costa Rica! I found myself grabbing 4 different books. Books are like potato chips and one just is not enought. One fiction by Nicholas Sparks for the beach, one by Matt Casseday a local resident and Author, one in Spanish so I could improve my very broken Spanish and then a English/Spanish dictionary. And that was just on my first trip in there! As a scuba diver I went back to get some Fish Charts for the Pacific Marine Life so I could identify what I was seeing. They also have Wifi and AIR CONDITIONING and it is splendid to go in and cool off while browsing the shelves. And did I happen to mention their prices are great on top of it? There are great treasures to be found there...So go and check it out if you are in town. You will be happy you made it a "must see" on your adventure in Costa Rica.

2  Thank Shannon R
See more reviews
Reviewed March 5, 2010

On a recent trip to Quepos, we happened into one of the most inviting bookstores ever. At Jaime Peligro Book and CD shop we found ourselves very excited to have found one of the best Maps of Costa Rica. We have found a few over the years but this one truly is worthy of being framed. Beyond the excellent selection of Authors they also had some great field guide cards of Costa Rica Birds, reptiles, mammals etc that we also were excited to find. The shop is very spacious, light and airy with seating on couches and chairs and they offer free wi fi. It was a very comfortable place to browse and sit and make selections. They also have a Map of the World where you get to put a pin in for the area of the world you are from. It was almost as fun looking at all the places that others were from as putting our pin in. Owner Jeff and Caroline were so gracious and knowledgeable. They also offer Spanish classes here which I hope to sign up for on our next trip.