“Good Chinese food too!”
Review of Tropical Sushi - CLOSED

Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Cantonese rice and the spring rolls are yummy, and the waiter is extremely kind, knowledgeable and gives honest recommendations. Excellent value too! A place not to be missed.

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I stopped in after visiting Cantico sports bar. I forget the exact name of the roll but it was (something) Rock and Roll. It was fresh and delicious, and spicy too! The service was quick and friendly. Though I sat at the bar, they have a nice outdoor dining area too.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

We came to this restaurant twice during our stay. If you're really hungry and have saved up your appetite, try the all-you-can-eat sushi (I think it's about $27 US dollars). Nigiri, hand rolls, specialty rolls, miso soup, are all included. The sushi chef is from Japan, and the sushi speaks for itself. Preparation for the sushi is a bit slow, but 100% worth it.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Every day I drive by this place and never gave it any thought to try their food. However, as owner of one of the local hotels I kept getting great feedback so one day I decided to give this little restaurant a try. Wow, was I in for a surprise. As a person that loves Japanese food I was very impressed with this little "hole in the wall". Great Sushi, great Sashimi dishes with personlized service to match. As a local expat, I have been back several times and enjoyed every visit. Go early because there might be a wait... but well worth it...

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Overall, very tasty sushi, especially being in Costa Rica. My boyfriend and I went for the all-you-can eat experience. We found the quality and freshness of the food quite good, but probably not worth the $26/person. Not as good as the sushi you get in Vancouver. You are also quite limited in the types of rolls you can order (smaller menu ), and it's a bit frustrating that you have to COMPLETELY finish your order before ordering more. We ended up spending about 2.5 hrs there, so don't go if you're in a rush.
So overall, good, but I don't feel a burning desire to return.