“Wedding vows renewal in Manakin-Jacana”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quepos
Manuel Antonio Estates
Ranked #4 of 34 Specialty Lodging in Quepos
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We organized a 50 ppl wedding vow renewal in the terrace of Casa Manakin (8 bedroom). We also rented Casa Jacana (7 bedroom) to accommodate all of our guests traveling from USA. It was great both homes are tastefully decorated and the surroundings are so beautiful I didn't even order flowers to decorate. The folks at Manuel Antonio Estates helped me set up various tours for ~20 guests on the 4 days that we were there and I have to say that everyone who helped us including manager Richard, office/front desk Dorit/Ariel and housekeeper Marisol went out of their way to help us. Richard offered to help me take my car out of a ditch when I got stuck (thankfully I was able to get the car out myself), Ariel gave us his cell # in case we had any questions and Marisol eagerly helped during the wedding day event (saturday night) and came over the next day to clean up the mess.
Overall there were some minor wear and tear dings around the house but that is a minimal price to pay for such beautiful views of mountain side and ocean. Also the AC was acting up in one of the rooms the first night but maintenance guys were able to fix it the next day oh, and they also helped us move all the furniture around. I literally reorganized the house and they had no problem moving everything around.
The property itself is well hidden but easy to find. Security is on point at the gate and on ground patrolling frequently.
And the spa... ohh la la the spa was fabulous. I had a rubdown massage and facial the day of he wedding. My therapist was well trained (being that I was pregnant I was a little hesitant) but she knew what she was doing. Also the setting is like you are receiving the treatment outdoors.
I think overall this is a great location and the homes are very comfortable, would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The overall location of The property in convenient and central. Very quiet and safe, away from beach noise and town traffic.
The service is great and housekeeping is decent.
I would highly recommend it for a family or reunion trip.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Great little secure estate - perfect for the independant traveller. There are hills in the estate, as there are all over Costa Rica - noting previous comments.

Nothing quite like standing on the balcony watching Humming birds sweep from one flower to the next, Capuchin and Squirrel Monkeys making daily visits via the roof and watching large Iguana's basking in the sunshine next to the swimming pool. There is so much more, just within the estates too.

Short walk to amenities, well equipped apartments with working fans in each room, plus the added option of Air-con in the master bedroom - friendly fellow guests.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I recently stayed in one of the studio apartments and while the location is good, I'd say I wasn't overly impressed. Having travelled to many places, let me say the good things first. MAE has a great pool with pretty scenery, and is good for being close to a bus stop to take you up the hill to Manuel Antonio. Perks include the usable kitchen in the apartment with a decent fridge, sink, and stove. Bathroom is decent. It is within walking distance to places in Quepos. Negatives were walking in the first day and needing to buy air freshener at a grocery store due to the musty smell of the place. Another negative is the very steep hill to walk up once you enter the grounds in order to get up to the apartments. Considering my boyfriend and I are very in shape 24 and 25 year-olds, that's saying something. Another downside was finding just one small towel to use, and being told that we should buy towels for the beach. Just go into it knowing that because we've stayed in beach-area rentals before and expected at least a couple towels for drying off with at the pool or beach. Last thing we had an issue with was the fact that part of the windows aren't covered by their window treatments, so you don't feel like you have a lot of privacy. Also the AC unit is on the other side of the big room and so sleeping-wise you had to crank the AC pretty low to feel cool enough to sleep...which doesn't go with the Costa Rica vibe of eco-friendliness. Overall I'd say for the money it's a pretty good value but a few things turned us off from going back. Sorry to have to say this!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jones2mc
ManuelAntonioEstates, Front Office Manager at Manuel Antonio Estates, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We always take guest comments & suggestions very seriously and see them as a great way to improve our services.
Thank you also for pointing out the things you liked about our condos.
I would like to take position to some of the negatives you mentioned: We do not provide beach towels for our guests but we do provide 1 towel for each guest and we do include bi-weekly maid service, where the towels are changed. When you asked for more towels we did provide you with two extra towels immediately. Not providing beach towels is one of the things that helps us keep our rates as low, which is what we believe is more important to our guests.
Since the entire area of Manuel Antonio consists of rain forest and mountain, most places in the area include either hills or various steps.
Nevertheless we hope to welcome you back in the future and therefore would like to offer you a complementary stay equivalent to your last one. You might want to try out one of our upstairs 2 bedroom apartments, which most of our guests prefer because of their nice view & tropical breeze.

Thanks again and Pura Vida!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Back to Manuel Antonio Estates for a second year. After a great trip to Costa Rica and and MAE in 2012 we returned and stayed January and February in the same two bedroom apartment. Nothing had changed, kinda like returning home. Dorit and the rest of the staff were again extremely helpful and made the stay very pleasant. We did day trips to Matapalo and Dominical and backpacking trips to La Fortuna and Montezuma. The beach and MA Park are only a short bus ride away and you can walk into Quepos and enjoy food, drink and music. Always great to come back to MAE. Many of the same people come back every year and we had a great time and several fun BBQ's by the pool. The monkeys, iguanas and other wildlife and fauna are abundant at MAE. My friend did the Raindrop Spa and she said it was fantastic. We have already reserved an apaartment for next year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We stayed in Villa Mot Mot , at Manuel Antonio Estates (MAE) for a week. Adjusting back to regular life is hard after having a fantastic visit to Costa Rica.

We stayed at MAE for the entire time. It was centrally located for what we wanted to do. Hike/explore/ beach and surf. There were also good dining options
outside of Quepos towards Manuel Antonio. MAE is located in Quepos. Some may be disappointed with this town..but we liked how "real " it was. We could walk into town for the market and liquor store..and breakfast goodies from the bakeries.

Our group consisted of 7 people, myself and my husband (late 40s) our two children (18 & 20), 2 friends ( early 20's) and my mother in law (mid 60's).
Villa Mot Mot accommodated us all. The house is well appointed, with 2 bedrooms and a bathroom and living room on each floor, a beautiful deck and pool for outside enjoyment.
We would always plan to be back at Mot Mot by 5 pm to watch the monkeys migrate down the hill. The night is alive with noises of frogs and other animals.

MAE provided a great quide book so we were well informed of what we were looking at. The grounds are well maintained, not too manicured...and the estate is within a gated community.

Dorit, the manager, was very efficient and helpful through email correspondence prior to trip and it was nice to meet her in person..very nice, helpful & friendly....she also pointed us in the right direction for a couple of activities. Rain Maker Park is a must! Gustavo at the gate was also very friendly. MAE offers a shuttle service from San Jose...for a fee but it was well worth
it. There are several car rental options in Quepos.

Another must is a visit to the Spa on the property. What an experience!! Very professional, prices are similar to what you'd pay in the states.

It has just been a little over a week ago that we were there...and we all miss it MAE and the Villa Mot Mot played a large part in the trip being as successful as it was.
I emailed Dorit on the way to the airport checking out availabilty for next year!! So I would give MAE five stars, with out any hesitation.

Orlaith 3/12/13

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I spent a week in a studio apartment at Manuel Antonio Estates. The location is closer to the outskirts of Quepos than Manuel Antonio, but the national park with its nature trails and lovely beaches is a short bus ride away (285 colones - about 65 cents). As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe. My neighbors in the other units were very friendly. Several have been coming to Quepos/Manuel Antonio for several years and had returned to MAE. The recently renovated pool was very refreshing after a hike in the park, a zip line excursion, or shopping around Quepos. It was also a good place to meet the neighbors, both human and simian. Squirrel monkeys and capuchins make regular visits to the banana plants and fig trees foraging for food.

The kitchen in the studio had most of the basics for a vacation rental: fridge, coffeemaker, stove, blender, toaster, a few dishes, pots & pans, and utensils. Some units have a microwave, but mine did not. Standard tico bathroom, fortunately with hot water. Window a/c unit and ceiling fan kept the space quite comfortable for sleeping. I found the bed comfortable; the rest of the unit is pretty sparsely furnished, but who wants to stay inside when there is so much to do? It was clean and pleasant and fairly spacious for a studio.

If you don't feel like cooking, there is a good selection of places to eat between Manuel Antonio and Quepos, from breakfast at one of the neighborhood sodas to restaurants featuring fresh seafood and local specialties. Whether you wash it down with a tropical fruit batido or cerveza Imperial, you will know you are in paradise!

Dorit in the management office was very helpful with suggestions and arrangements for tours and activities. Prices at the Raindrop Spa downstairs are comparable to similar places in the States, but the setting is exquisite and the pampering and massage a real treat after all that sun and outdoor activity the rest of the week. I had a wonderful relaxing stay for a reasonable price. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: The building hugs the side of a hill. The hill and steps leading up to the apartments are pretty ste...