WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“alright place for some cozy local flavor” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manuel Antonio Estates

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quepos
Manuel Antonio Estates
Ranked #8 of 23 Specialty Lodging in Quepos
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“alright place for some cozy local flavor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

If you are looking for some type of hotel which has 0 dust and 0 dirt and round the clock butlers at your whim, this is definitely not the place for you. But this is kind of more like a local cozy environment, not the best in terms of cleanliness but I didn't really mind that much when I went with my girlfriend. We had the whole villa to ourselves! Excellent view and the rooms were a pretty decent size. Only problem is that I would have liked to live in one villa for a few days then another the next just to see what they were like - obviously kind of hard since there were other tenants at the time.
We only had time to go on about 3 of the tours offered but those were great enough to see and experience the natural environment surrounding us.
Remember not to bring food that the monkeys can steal from you :)
Also I would have liked it to be a little cheaper but I'm always stingy that way. I think if more people went it would make it more economical as you are paying for a whole house I assume you could fit as many people as you would like into it! Not that I have tried..

Room Tip: check out the website for this place to have a preview of the different villas available -each one i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joey K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our 10 year anniversary and it was absolutely amazing. We stayed in the Romantic Wood Chalet for two weeks. We couldn't believe how wonderful the hotel was for only $750 per week, making it one of the least expensive vacation that we've taken. The place was a little smaller than we thought it would be, but was perfect otherwise. The website says 550sqft, so I suppose I should've expected it. The wildlife came near the hotel, but were never a nuisance. The staff was great and gave plenty of tips throughout our stay; without their guidance, I'm pretty sure that we would've been lost. We hiked in the rainforest near Manuel Antonio during the day and would relax on the veranda with cocktails in our hotel room in the evenings. The wife went to the spa while I golfed on a few of the days, both were top notch. The place really was like a fairy tale, I've been to Costa Rica two other times and this time was the best. As soon as we save a few bucks, we're headed back during the summer.

Room Tip: For an anniversary or honeymoon, I highly recommend staying in the Romantic Wood Chalet; to be fair...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was in Costa Rica with my family for a wedding a few months ago, and after the wedding we were looking for somewhere more spacious to stay. We chose the estates, and their Toucan Villa. The villa was over 2000 square feet, and the flora and fauna surrounding were simply incredible. The view of the ocean from the house was incredible, and sitting in the hot tub, listening to the monkeys was a blast.

Our only issue on the trip was a bulb out in a lamp, but when we called the management they fixed it in an instant, so I was thoroughly impressed. They wouldn't even fix it that fast at the four seasons.

I've been all around Central America, so let me offer one piece of advise. Absorb the culture. Sometimes when you visit a luxurious place like the estates you get complacent. Some of the best food I've ever eaten has been street food. Some of the most fun I've had in my lifetime has been had while engaging with locals... And now back to the review.

The villa was great, but to all you fellow world travelers out there, be active. Quepos was one of the most perfectly designed places for an active lifestyle I've ever been to. There are some awesome hiking trails in the park that I'd highly recommend visiting, and if you miss the snorkeling, you're missing out big time. That was my family's favorite activities.

The MA estates are definitely on my list of places to come back to, and if you follow my advice, you'll love it just as much.

Room Tip: Next time I go, I want to try the Manakin Villa. Ours was great, but that looked like a huge villa...
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Oshawa, Ontario, Can
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed for the month of oct and nov in an Eco condo at MAE while I attended school in Quepos. I loved the condo and the views. The monkeys every morning on the roof was my Costa Rican alarm clock.
The pool was under renovations the duration of my stay here but I was informed before my stay.
Jessica my housekeeper was very sweet and accommodating:)
The location was great for me, bus stop was 2 mins walk, the beach was a 10 min bus ride and my school was a 8 min walk
I had a great time here and would return, if you don't have a car and are walking , there is a large steep hill to climb up to the condos and a lot of stairs:)

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank RebeccaRepublic
Pinehurst, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our family recently spent 8 wonderful days in the Villa Jacana. We loved the monkeys on the deck, the 3 toed sloth in the tree and endless visits from the Iguanas. Our stay was made even better by the great care that we received from the office and the daily help that was provided.
Thank You to the staff of Manuel Antonio Estates for making our family adventure a success!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Just stayed here recently with family in the Villa Jacana. It was a great week and I would recommend to anyone. Both Richard and Dorit as well as the rest of the staff were accommodating and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
Augusta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This place is a dump and way overpriced. We could not get rid of the bugs - there were even bugs in the beds. The mold is everywhere. We would have moved after the first night but the owner would not refund our money. So, don't pay cash. The maids do not speak or understand english. Therefore, we could not communicate. Next time we visit Costa Rica we will stay in a resort which will cost us less and where we will have a comfortable vacation. Multiply all the negative comments in the reviews by 100 and that will provide you with an accurate assessment of this property.

Room Tip: stay anywhere else but this place
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank travelerfromthesouth
lemire, Owner at Manuel Antonio Estates, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review, I'm very sorry to read your comments,
Could you please let us know the dates of your visit and the villa you stayed?
Will be happy to review the your reservation and if appropriate credit you for your next visit in Costa Rica.
I may add that the maids been working for over 5 years and they may not speak English but they do understand the basic cleaning issue with the villa. And we also offer a concierge service that do speak English, German, Spanish and French it is to bad you couldn't communicate with her directly not sure why!
As the owner I do not recall having a discussion about a refund, please refresh my memories,
as you can read most clients that stay with us have a very good experience. and it is unfortunate that you would go on and write this after your stay with out mention any during your stay!
Look to heard back from you!

richard lemire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quepos
Gaia Hotel & Reserve
Gaia Hotel & Reserve
#3 of 48 in Manuel Antonio National Park
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,339 reviews
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalo...
#11 of 48 in Manuel Antonio National Park
#5 of 16 in Quepos
Hotel Manuel Antonio
Hotel Manuel Antonio
#31 of 48 in Manuel Antonio National Park

Been to Manuel Antonio Estates? Share your experiences!