New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Excellent Hotel in a Great Place for active couples and families” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Manuel Antonio Estates

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quepos
Manuel Antonio Estates
Ranked #8 of 23 Specialty Lodging in Quepos
New York City, New York
“Excellent Hotel in a Great Place for active couples and families”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was in Costa Rica with my family for a wedding a few months ago, and after the wedding we were looking for somewhere more spacious to stay. We chose the estates, and their Toucan Villa. The villa was over 2000 square feet, and the flora and fauna surrounding were simply incredible. The view of the ocean from the house was incredible, and sitting in the hot tub, listening to the monkeys was a blast.

Our only issue on the trip was a bulb out in a lamp, but when we called the management they fixed it in an instant, so I was thoroughly impressed. They wouldn't even fix it that fast at the four seasons.

I've been all around Central America, so let me offer one piece of advise. Absorb the culture. Sometimes when you visit a luxurious place like the estates you get complacent. Some of the best food I've ever eaten has been street food. Some of the most fun I've had in my lifetime has been had while engaging with locals... And now back to the review.

The villa was great, but to all you fellow world travelers out there, be active. Quepos was one of the most perfectly designed places for an active lifestyle I've ever been to. There are some awesome hiking trails in the park that I'd highly recommend visiting, and if you miss the snorkeling, you're missing out big time. That was my family's favorite activities.

The MA estates are definitely on my list of places to come back to, and if you follow my advice, you'll love it just as much.

Room Tip: Next time I go, I want to try the Manakin Villa. Ours was great, but that looked like a huge villa...
Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Oshawa, Ontario, Can
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I stayed for the month of oct and nov in an Eco condo at MAE while I attended school in Quepos. I loved the condo and the views. The monkeys every morning on the roof was my Costa Rican alarm clock.
The pool was under renovations the duration of my stay here but I was informed before my stay.
Jessica my housekeeper was very sweet and accommodating:)
The location was great for me, bus stop was 2 mins walk, the beach was a 10 min bus ride and my school was a 8 min walk
I had a great time here and would return, if you don't have a car and are walking , there is a large steep hill to climb up to the condos and a lot of stairs:)

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank RebeccaRepublic
Pinehurst, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

Our family recently spent 8 wonderful days in the Villa Jacana. We loved the monkeys on the deck, the 3 toed sloth in the tree and endless visits from the Iguanas. Our stay was made even better by the great care that we received from the office and the daily help that was provided.
Thank You to the staff of Manuel Antonio Estates for making our family adventure a success!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Just stayed here recently with family in the Villa Jacana. It was a great week and I would recommend to anyone. Both Richard and Dorit as well as the rest of the staff were accommodating and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return in the future.

• Stayed December 2012
Augusta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This place is a dump and way overpriced. We could not get rid of the bugs - there were even bugs in the beds. The mold is everywhere. We would have moved after the first night but the owner would not refund our money. So, don't pay cash. The maids do not speak or understand english. Therefore, we could not communicate. Next time we visit Costa Rica we will stay in a resort which will cost us less and where we will have a comfortable vacation. Multiply all the negative comments in the reviews by 100 and that will provide you with an accurate assessment of this property.

Room Tip: stay anywhere else but this place
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank travelerfromthesouth
lemire, Owner at Manuel Antonio Estates, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review, I'm very sorry to read your comments,
Could you please let us know the dates of your visit and the villa you stayed?
Will be happy to review the your reservation and if appropriate credit you for your next visit in Costa Rica.
I may add that the maids been working for over 5 years and they may not speak English but they do understand the basic cleaning issue with the villa. And we also offer a concierge service that do speak English, German, Spanish and French it is to bad you couldn't communicate with her directly not sure why!
As the owner I do not recall having a discussion about a refund, please refresh my memories,
as you can read most clients that stay with us have a very good experience. and it is unfortunate that you would go on and write this after your stay with out mention any during your stay!
Look to heard back from you!

richard lemire
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Loved living room and pool but those teeny weeny ants/spiders/bugs were way too much! Great master bedroom and view. Several safety issues and parking is not user friendly. Once mold and bugs removed would be totally awesome.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Everything in one place!!! we had an amazing time in Manuel Antonio’s, We stay in two beautiful houses with all services, gorgeous private and secure houses. This magical place has the perfect location and offers one of the most incredible views, this house has a nice and private pool with incredible view, right in the middle of the jungle, so We had a super exciting and unique monkeys experience. Manuel Antonio's Suites is really close to Quepos and Manuel Antonio town, so is easy and practical to find restaurants, bars and many activities for everyone, day spa, canopy tour or national park tour. You do not have to be lucky for have one or two monkeys knocking at your door or swimming in your pool, fortunately our house has full equipped kitchen, so we could keep the beer cold and food safe from the monkeys.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quepos
Gaia Hotel & Reserve
Gaia Hotel & Reserve
#3 of 48 in Manuel Antonio National Park
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,341 reviews
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalo...
#11 of 48 in Manuel Antonio National Park
#6 of 16 in Quepos
Hotel Manuel Antonio
Hotel Manuel Antonio
#31 of 48 in Manuel Antonio National Park

Been to Manuel Antonio Estates? Share your experiences!