We stayed at MA Estates for 2 weeks this month with our 3 kids (12, 10 and 7) and really enjoyed our time there. We had no vehicle and could easily walk to town for anything we needed. There's a couple of close supermarkets within minutes of the entrance.
We LOVED the pool - especially in the afternoons when we could swim and watch the monkeys in the trees nearby. Many days they came onto the roof of the condos and even right onto the balconies. We saw one push over a rocking chair on the balcony and even try the door handle! (You may want to keep your balcony door closed if you're swimming in case they get really brave and enter into the condo).
Dorit at at the front desk is wonderful. She was really helpful and knowledgeable. She helped us arrange two tours (Rainmaker Jungle Hike and Mangrove Tour). We would highly recommend BOTH tours.
Things to know about:
1. the hill going up to the condos is STEEP and you'll be sweating by the time you get to the top - it definitely burns off the sweets you should try out at Musmanni Bakery in town.
2. The air conditioning is only in ONE bedroom, not the whole condo.
3. The kitchen supplies are minimum. There was one pot and one saucepan in our condo. There were no baking dishes for the oven but we did get one brought over when we asked for one. We had to eat cereal and oatmeal out of a cup because there were not enough bowls.
4. There are tiny ants that get into everything that's left out on the counter. You'll want to use zip-lock bags or tightly sealed containers to store any food items not in the fridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas, homes and condos at Manuel Antonio Estates, offering rentals by the week for all group sizes & budgets! All villas offer private pool, blue Pacific Ocean views, proximity of the bustling fishing village of Quepos, spectacular famed beaches of Manuel Antonio nearby, monkeys, 180 species of birds, essence of luxury & pure tranquility. Peacefulness awaits in our lush tropical jungle w/world class Spa. Our accommodations suit every need and taste from cozy eco condos for 1-4 people to premier/deluxe homes for 18 of your closest amigos. Exciting Tours! Rainforest Canopy, Horseback, Mangrove Monkey, ATV Sportfishing, much more! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Manuel Antonio Estates Costa Rica/Quepos