We stayed in Villa Jacana in 2012.
- Dorit (in the main office) was VERY helpful and nice
- Requests were followed-up on
- Good Excursion recommendations
- Could accomodate a large group
- Didn't have to book for a full week
- Relatively near a bus stop (and the bus is inexpensive and reliable)
- Private pool
- MAE's pictures made it look nicer than it was (we were extremely disappointed with the house upon arrival, poor construction that has been through lots of wear and tear)
- Air conditioning only in bedrooms (made common areas of the house unbearable)
- We did not rent a car and Villa Jacana is up a very steep long hill
- The "short walk" into town was at least 15 - 20 minutes and was through unpleasant areas
(We also found that being near the town of Quepos did not have any advantage, we wished we were much closer to Manuel Antonio park area.)
- They do not provide towels for the pool or beach. Only bath towels that they instruct you from using otherwise.
- Grocery stores were small and expensive. Cooking for ourselves was a bigger inconvenience than anticipated.
In the end we were very disappointed and would not recommend MAE (with the exception of the great service from Dorit). If we return to Quepos/Manuel Antonio we will stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas, homes and condos at Manuel Antonio Estates, offering rentals by the week for all group sizes & budgets! All villas offer private pool, blue Pacific Ocean views, proximity of the bustling fishing village of Quepos, spectacular famed beaches of Manuel Antonio nearby, monkeys, 180 species of birds, essence of luxury & pure tranquility. Peacefulness awaits in our lush tropical jungle w/world class Spa. Our accommodations suit every need and taste from cozy eco condos for 1-4 people to premier/deluxe homes for 18 of your closest amigos. Exciting Tours! Rainforest Canopy, Horseback, Mangrove Monkey, ATV Sportfishing, much more! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Manuel Antonio Estates Costa Rica/Quepos