“Great studio apartment right in the jungle”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Quepos
Manuel Antonio Estates
Ranked #7 of 32 Specialty Lodging in Quepos
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed in the smaller studio apartment in the eco condos at Manuel Antonio Estates for six months during 2011/12. I wanted close proximity to the jungle, the town and an easy bus ride to the beach and it was absolutely perfect. My apartment had everything I needed, including a full kitchen and a table where I could do my computer work. The new owners have also taken great care to fix the place up, adding nice finishing touches to each of the units. During the high season it was fun to connect with other travelers by the pool and there is a very friendly atomsphere.

WILDLIFE
Monkeys (titis/squirrel and the capuchins visited the property almost every day during my stay) thanks to a ton of fruit trees all over the property. You are pretty much guranteed to see wildlife during your stay!

PROXIMITY TO TOWN
I loved that I was so close to town (10 min walk to the grocery store) and yet I rarely heard any town noises and my view was 100% jungle. You'd never know you are so close to Quepos. There is a bus stop within one block of the property which will connect you to the beach.

APARTMENT & STAFF
The studio apartment was great for a long term stay and had everything I needed. The staff are awesome and Jessica took great care to keep the room very clean (she's very friendly and sweet, too). The security staff were also awesome and there is someone patrolling the grounds at night and someone at the gate at all times.

OVERALL
I highly recommend the eco condos, whether you are staying for a week, a month or more. You really won't find a better place.

Room Tip: The top floor units will have you overlooking fruit trees where the monkeys like to play.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 24, 2012

This house is one of the highlights of our trip. Can't wait to come back! Even better than the pictures shown on the website.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We rented the Eco Cottage. The plus is you can walk to Quepos and not too far from bus stop. Make sure you check the price as everyone I talked to paid a different one. We paid $100 per night for 4 and our neighbour $50 for the same place and 3 people. We were too hasty as there are lots of nice places although the accomodation was great! It was the area that lacked character. Not the beautiful foliage that you see ion website. We only had housekeeping 2 times a week which was fine but for less money we had more services and a much nicer view the week before we went there.

Room Tip: The Eco Cottage is good as you don't have to climb as far up and it is close to pool. Top floor...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Our 9 day stay at Tanager was perfect......the view was amazing, very private & very safe. We had monkey visitors almost daily, a few times they even came for a drink out of the pool while the kids were swimming!! Pool was shaded which was great for the kids but TONNES of sun all day on the deck surrounding! The perfect situation! Dorit was so helpful in pre-arranging all of our tours and transportation and anything we needed... we didn't have to think about anything while we were there. Tours picked you up and dropped you off right at your doorstep! The mangrove tour which I was not thinking would be very good was one of our favorites!! Being a quick walk into Quepos was a definate bonus as we could walk in to town for anything and a cab ride was only a few dollars back. ($3-$5). Bus was easy to catch to take to Manuel Antonio and cabs were only about $10 to get there as well. Jungle massage at the raindrop spa was the best we have ever had! We had Ernesto the chef for 4 nights and it was FABULOUS!! Great location with a great view!! Thanks Dorit for all your help!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This is the second year we stayed at the Apartments at Manuel Antonio Estate. The new
owner has made improvements to the property. the apartments and surrounding property
are kept very clean. Dorrit is a wonderful addition to the staff, but all the staff is very friendly
and helpful.We are planning on staying there in 2013,lookinf forward to going back. It's
nice to be able to walk into Quepos,less than 10 minutes. There are alot of good resturants
and shops in town.The pool is a nice place to spend an afternoon.
Mark and Keith Wisconsin

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are great except when the monkeys run across the roof,but that is part of th...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mark G
Reviewed March 9, 2012

I was a member of a 6 person group that stayed at the Manuel Antonio Estates in Villa Mot Mot for 4 nights in March 2012, and I think it was a great choice. The management arranged two vans to transport my group from San Jose airport back to the villa and in general I found them to be professional and responsive when dealing with our requests. The house was clean and well-furnished. In particular, we all enjoyed the private swimming pool out back. Equally important, the vila was within 20 minutes of all the Quepos and Manuel Antonio activities that my group was interested in.

On the negative side, there is only air conditioning in two bedrooms. This made the common areas and the other two bedrooms quite uncomfortable during portions of our trip. Likewise, the walk from the front gate to Villa Mot Mot includes two pretty steep hills. This would present problems for disabled guests or anyone with mobility issues.

All things considered, me and my family enjoyed our stay and would recommend the Estates to anyone traveling to the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We returned earlier this month from a fabulous trip to Costa Rica and had the good fortune to stay in one of the apartments at Manuel Antonio Estates. Four of us (two couples) spent a wonderful 18 days at MAE. The apartment was even nicer than it appeared on the internet site. It was a 2 bedroom apartment that was well furnished and spacious. A nice balcony gave us a great view of the pool and the rain forest. We really enjoyed both varieties of monkeys that usually made a daily trip through the trees and across our roofs. We also enjoyed the family of iguanas living by the pool. We actually saw more wildlife and fauna at MAE than in the parks we toured. MAE is just a short walk into Quepos and short bus ride to Manuel "Antonio National Park.

Dorit and the rest of the staff at MAE were very friendly and helpful. Dorit lined up several excursions for us to go on and arranged Ricardo, the best driver ever, to provide transportation to and from our night back packing trip to La Fortuna and Santa Elena to see the Arenal Volcano and Cloud Forest in Monteverde. Dorit made many phone calls assisting us in arranging for hostels to stay in.

Costa Rica is a great country and the people were friendly and accepting. I would recommend MAE as a wonderful place to stay in the Quepos/MA area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends