“Know before you go.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Raindrop Spa

Raindrop Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Spas & Wellness in Quepos
More attraction details
Owner description: RAIN DISCOUNT 20% do not apply with other promotions
Katy, Texas, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Know before you go.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I went to the spa for an organic facial and cocoa body massage/treatment. It's the package that this spa is "famous" for. In March the outdoor temperature was terrific, except for a period of about 10 minutes during the body wrap when I felt a little overheated. I could see that if you went at a cooler/wetter or significantly hotter time of year, it could be uncomfortable since you are exposed to ambient temperature. I am from Houston and am used to fairly warm, humid weather.

I really enjoyed the body tepreatment, particularly the exfoliation part which was like having the best back scratch ever! The massage that followed was very therapeutic which helped to identify and work on some stress points in my back. This was what I needed, but those expecting a more relaxing experience should probably explicitly ask for this. I didn't specify, and my back was SORE the next day from the therapeutic massage.

Following the exfoliation and message, I was misted and then the cocoa powder was applied, and I was wrapped in plastic (like Saran Wrap) while the therapist did my facial. I assume they do this so you'll have plenty of time to "steep" while you are completing your facial. The facial was also VERY thorough, so much so that it was painful at times during whitehead extraction. Once again, I appreciated the result --very clean skin--but I would not classify that part of the treatment as relaxing at all.

Once we finished the facial, I unwrapped, showered off, and was done. It was about 2-1/2 hours, start to finish.

As others have noted, the rooms are open to the jungle on one side, and you are expected to be naked during the treatment with-at times-fairly minimal coverage over private areas. I didn't see any Peeping Toms, thank goodness.

All-in-all, I feel that I got very thorough treatment and certainly felt refreshed and renewed afterwards. The cocoa scent lingered thru the day, which I enjoyed, and my skin looked and felt terrific.

Pickering, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Swedish Massage Ever!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I have never been to a more relaxing Spa.....and I have been to a lot! The lady that did my massage was amazing! I was jelly when I left the spa, just the best experience ever, if you have the chance, book an appointment!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

ManuelAntonioEstates, Manager Assistance at Raindrop Spa, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello,

we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here! Thanks to share with us and we hope to see you again!

Have a wonderful day!

3 attraction reviews
“A complete sanctuary!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

My boyfriend and I had a couples massage while we were spending a week in Quepos. The massages were top notch, the atmosphere and service were as well. I have been a licensed massage therapist for 10 years in Washington state, USA and I have to say that this was one of the most skilled massages I have ever received. The setting could not be better. We also had Marta come to our Villa and do a morning yoga session on the deck for about 10 of us that was in out group. It was a wonderful session that fit all skill levels and left me feeling physically and mentally revived! We will most certainly return the next time we visit!

Visited December 2013
Hi,

We have experimented therapists to give you the best experience! We are glad to know that you loved your massage! We hope to see you on your next time here!

Have a wonderful day and Pura Vida!

Guelph, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“2 Hours in heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Me and my wife had the moon light massage and it was one of the most relaxing 2 hours of my life. Beautiful scenery and very cool to listen to the sounds on the jungle.

Hello,

we are happy to hear that both of you enjoyed your treatment to the Spa! The incredible jungle, the team and the Spa make the experience peaceful!

It will be a pleasure to see you again!

Mexico City, Mexico
“great!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

is great!!!
in my opinión this is one of the best spas in the world..
can you believe is in costa rica?

Visited January 2014

Hi,

thanks for the comment! We are always looking to satisfy everyone and give them the best experience!

We hope to see you for an other wonderful moment!

Have a wonderful day and Pura Vida!