“A Special Gem”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Special Gem”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

During a three day stay at a resort in Quepos, by the second day I decided I wanted to enjoy the luxury of a relaxing massage. So I grabbed a taxi and just asked the driver to take me to a good place for a massage. He dropped me off at Raindrop Spa, and that was the beginning of an event that I can only describe as good fortune mixed with a fair share of fate.

As I entered the reception area, I was greeted by a lady whom I later got to know as Marta. She was the congenial host, and asked what I was interested in. I explained I was looking for a basic relaxation massage, but of a longer duration... 90 minutes. I was directed to a lovely and tranquil seating area where I completed the basic questionaire about health conditions, etc., and was at that time also given a lovely juice cocktail as a refreshing beverage.

My good fortune continued, as it was not very busy at that time of day, and I was able to see a masseuse immediately. The rooms are all three sided, with the far end wall being non-existent. You basically lie on the table, staring out into the great tropical forest that surrounds the facility, but at the same time retaining the privacy of your own room as no one else in adjoining rooms can see into your own.

The massage itself was excellent, and a bit of blend of various massage techniques... some I recognize as Swedish, Thai, and some that I'm not as familiar with. The end result was amazing, and I'm embarrassed to say that I was so relaxed I know I dozed off for a few minutes several times through the treatment. I'm assuming I didn't snore, as the birds still seemed to be around each time I awoke. lol

After the massage, I was greeted by Marta again, and we had a lovely chat about a variety of topics. But eventually I had to leave, so I paid my bill, and said my farewells. Would I go back again... absolutely. Would I recommend this place to others... absolutely. Professional staff, lovely surroundings, reasonal prices... its all good.

Visited January 2014

ny, ny
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Best massage at great price!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I had massages here during our stay in November. Our hotel had a spa on site but the reviews for Raindrop were so good, we felt it would be worth the cab ride. It was everything the reviews had said: great setting and even better massages at a good price. Would definitely e turn if in Costa Rica again!

Visited November 2013
Texas
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Just the ticket!”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Booked five massages for Christmas afternoon based on prior TripAdvisor reviews. Our hotel owner confirmed the spa was fabulous! As my daughter said, that was what was on her list for Christmas! All the rooms open outdoors, with birds and gentle water sounds. Ah.... Masseuses were well trained, quiet and strong. Very nice waiting area with wi-fi. We would all go back.

Visited December 2013
Lolo, Montana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Thank you Marta!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

December 18th, 2013 We had an amazing wedding at the Villa Celaje in Manuel Antonio. The morning of the wedding Marta came to the house and gave us a private yoga lesson on the patio. After, my sisters, mom and mother in law to be went to the raindrop spa for massages. Marta gave us fresh juice and a bottle of champagne for the occasion. She took very special care of us all. She made me very relaxed for my special day. I felt like a fruit smoothly when she was finished with me. I recommended her to everyone in the house. Most of us made sure to hit the spa before leaving Manuel Antonio. Wonderful experience and a good price.

Visited December 2013
Bakersfield, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Myself and two of my friends decided to take in a spa treatment during out trip to decompress from all our zip lining activities. With the help of the guest services agent Rebecca at La Mariposa hotel- she highly recommended Raindrop Spa because it is truly the best in Manuel Antonio. These ladies went above and beyond by opening up just fory friends and me on a day the spa was closed and provided the best massage and facial I've ever had. The location and overall facility was priceless because the rooms opened up to the courtyard that fferered the true sounds of nature, which help relax more than a girl could ask for. Nonetheless the price, service, and quality was too notch!
Kudos for Raindrop Spa!