Wow, what a find. Don't listen to the yuppies on here complaining who were expecting a hotel and got a hostel. This place was great! We met great people every night, lounged in a beautiful pool area, partied at a local dance club and had a nice little meal at Soda Quepos just down the road.
Negatives: yes quepos is a little dirty but it is not unsafe, plenty of cops around the main areas.
Rooms: I loved the communal vibe and had a great time, but yes the dorms are a little crowded if you are not into that type of thing.
Overall: great stop for backpackers looking to meet cool people, hang out and take a day trip to the Mauel Antonio Park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wide Mouth Frog is a popular choice for travellers located in Quepos / Manuel Antonio - Central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. We are described by the lovely planet as one of the best backpackers in Costa Rica. You can relax by the pool or use one of our other communal areas strewn with hammocks. This is a quiet piece of tropical paradise in Quepos central. We have a kitchen a licensed restaurant and many room options ranging from shared dorms from $13 per person to private rooms from $35-$60 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Wide Mouth Frog reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wide Mouth Frog Hotel Quepos
- Wide Mouth Frog Costa Rica/Quepos