Wide Mouth Frog
$85
$99
Good 3.5/5
Serenity Boutique Hotel Quepos(Quepos)(Great Value!)
$65
$63
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
$75
$73
Hotels.com
Good 3.5/5
La Foresta Nature Resort(Quepos)(Great Value!)
$96
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Pacific Paradise Resort(Quepos)(Great Value!)
$113
Priceline
Very Good 4/5
$59
$57
Average 3/5
  • Free Internet
All reviewsswimming poolthe buscosta ricamanuel antoniocommon areaslaundry servicegreat kitchen areastayed nights herewell stocked kitchenbig breakfastdouble roombilingual staffshared kitchenfree coffeerooms are smallenjoyed my staybunk beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I stay here two day. Each day for 45 dollars I had a great big Rottweiler bark at me then sometimes run at me growling. Not good for what you pay. When your on RnR not good. The man at the desk says he only does that a little. Just pet him when he growled at you sir. I told him you need to lose the big Dog. There are three dog here the smaller two are so bad. I don't recommend this place for kids or people that do not enjoy being chased by a big Rottweiler. I will never be here again till there lose that dog. NO ONE NEEDS A DOG BITE IN COSTA RICA. on RnR. One word for the owner of the Wide Month Frog. You my pay a dear dollar if you dog does attack someone!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The place itself is very good located few meters from tge bus terminal ,and ok Quepos is a small towen near every thing else ones need supermarket,bars,etc,,,
The stuff is very nice nad helpful the place itself is very nice with kitchen and free coffe.
The rooms are small not if you are clasofobic,and as its vey hot in the area the fan is not enogh to chill you ,what really upgrade the place is the sweeming pool and that is why when i rated the place it got very good and not averge,

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I liked this place. Staff was really helpful and nice. Rooms were fine, nothing less than you'd expect at a hostel. Prices good and they let you put three people in a private room which is cheaper than doing the dorm.

The pool is nice and social as is the common room area. The hostel is really cute with a tropical feel and hammocks everywhere that are great for reading at night when the rooms get hot.

One thing though is if I went back I'd probably stay in Manuel Antonio, not Quepos. Everything we ended up doing was a cab ride away to Manuel Antonio, so why not stay there?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Unlike most other places near Manuel Antonio, the Wide Mouth Frog is not completely overpriced.

It is a hostel indeed: the dorms do not have private bathrooms, some private rooms do, while they have, however, a considerably higher price.

The place has got a great pool and a large community kitchen, which allows you to cook for yourself.

The Wide Mouth is strategically well located: it is only a few steps from the bus station (from where it is some 5 minutes by bus to the Manuel Antonio Park entrance) and equally close to restaurants, bars (yes, you can party in Quepos) and supermarkets.

As far as I am concerned, the next time I'm in QUepos, I am likely to return!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I felt the need to write a review for this place because it really is diamond in the rough. While there's not really too much to quepos, this hostel has it all. Rooms are a little small but other than sleeping I hung out in pool area or wifi area. Great $3 value breakfast! And the best thing about this hostel is that about 100ft down the street is an amazing little soda. I only spent a month in Costa Rica this time and I generally try to eat cheap. This place is by far the best tico typical I've had. I actually enjoyed quepos. People were friendly, food and hostel great, and get a little look into tico culture which can be hard nowadays with so much tourism.

• Stayed: March 2013