If you go for the cheapest option you really do get what you pay for. The showers are cold (not that that mattered as it was blisteringly hot), the rooms were hot with a useless fan, the mattress isn't the comfiest but the owners are brilliantly helpful and friendly, there is an extensive DVD collection in case the weather is against you, the pool is nice and breakfast is included (although a little basic) and the internet is quick and free. Much cheaper to stay here and get the bus into Manuel Antonio than to stay in Manuel Antonio. I would recommend this hotel as it is dirt cheap and Quepos is a lively town but it is basic and if you have the money I would go for one of the more expensive room options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wide Mouth Frog is a popular choice for travellers located in Quepos / Manuel Antonio - Central Pacific coast of Costa Rica. We are described by the lovely planet as one of the best backpackers in Costa Rica. You can relax by the pool or use one of our other communal areas strewn with hammocks. This is a quiet piece of tropical paradise in Quepos central. We have a kitchen a licensed restaurant and many room options ranging from shared dorms from $13 per person to private rooms from $35-$60 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Wide Mouth Frog reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wide Mouth Frog Hotel Quepos
- Wide Mouth Frog Costa Rica/Quepos