“A great day with Ricky”

Ricky Ricardo Tours and Travels
More attraction details
Owner description: Ricky Ricardo Tours has being in the tourism business for over 15 years, all guide or certified by ict.institut Costa Rican board of tourism, with the knowledge and the experience to make sure that tourist have one of the most delightful tour with honesty and personalize service so clients can get the real Costa Rican taste and a warmest of treatment in our paradise country.
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Spend all day (1/24/14) with Ricky. He listened to what we wanted to do and made some suggestions of his own. Felt like a customized tour just for the two of us. Saw some things we wouldn't have found on our own. Thoroughly enjoyable day. Highly recommend you contact Ricky if you're going to be in the San Jose or Puntarenas area.

All reviews
"banana plantation"
in 7 reviews
"lovely trip"

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We booked Ricky Ricardo Tour for our cruise stop in Puntarenas. We decided on a private tour as the price was comparable to the group tours offered by the ship. It was very easy to arrange online as Ricky responded quickly to my e-mails answering all my questions. His price was a little bit better than offered by other tour operators so I decided to go with his company. And Ricky did not disappoint us. This was a very well run tour. Ricky was fun, informative and clearly loves where he lives. His English is perfect. He is very professional with good communication skills. Ricky picked us up just off the dock and took us out for about 5 hours. We wound up with one other family from the ship so there were a total of seven of us. The van was great - new, clean and comfortable with A/C. All the riding in the van was a bit much, but it is worth it. Our tour included a stop to see wild monkeys, a hike into the rain forest over some canopy bridges, a stop at a medicinal herb garden (where we made juice with sugar cane), a tour of the brackish waters on a river abounded with all kinds of life, from various exotic birds to crocodiles. The tour also included a quick shopping stop which one of our group requested. Ricky helped us with coffee selection as there were many local brands on the shelves. A quick tour of Puntarenas was way too quick in my opinion. I wished we could see more of Puntarenas but still it was a great day
I highly recommended using Ricky Ricardo as opposed the ship-sponsored excursions - you will have a much better experience on a budget.

1  Thank Put-Dorozhka
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I booked a tour with Ricky for myself, my husband, and my 9-year-old daughter when our cruise ship stopped in Puntarenas. I chose this company because they seemed the most willing to accommodate our special requests. We were not disappointed. Ricky was unavailable that day (he'd been in a minor motorcycle accident), so we got his brother Pablo Instead. Pablo was wonderful -- he was fun, easygoing, enthusiastic, and very accommodating. He answered all of our questions, took us where we wanted to go, and even provided us with a free wifi hotspot (from his phone) during some downtime while we were waiting for ziplining to start.

We wanted to maximize our time in Costa Rica (about 10 hours) by sampling a little bit of everything, and we were able to do exactly that. Like the other reviewers, we fed the wild monkeys, looked for wild macaws, visited a medicinal herb garden, went on a crocodile-filled river cruise (the tour guide for the river cruise was also excellent), and went souvenir shopping. The activity we were concerned about was the zipline canopy tour: my husband and I really wanted to try it, but my daughter was scared. Pablo offered to stay with her while we ziplined, but at the last minute she changed her mind, so all four of us ziplined (with Pablo going first and then taking pictures of us on the ziplines). It was awesome!

We also had a fantastic lunch of mixed steamed seafood (including two lobster tails). And when I mentioned that I wanted to try some local fruit, Pablo took us to a roadside fruit stand that had some of the most delicious mango, coconut, and coconut water I have ever tasted. I have to say that the food I ate in Costa Rica was probably the best food I had on the entire cruise.

Thanks again for a very memorable experience, Pablo!

1  Thank TheHorovi
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I along with two friends were doing a Panama Canal Cruise (Miami to Los Angeles) with a stop in Puntarenas, Costa Rica. By researching TripAdvisor we came across Ricky. All correspondence was done via email. Ricky was always quick to respond to any query I had. On the day we arrived in Costa Rica Ricky was waiting for us as promised at the end of the pier. We had arranged Ricky's all day 7 in 1 tour. It was the best decision we made the entire trip. We were chauffeured in a spotless, air conditioned 12 passenger van even though there were only 4 of us. Ricky's English is excellent and he is a very nice fellow. Our first stop was shortly after we left the pier. Ricky knows where a pack of wild, white faced monkeys live. We stopped at the side of the road where Ricky proceeded to call the monkeys. They know Ricky and came quickly, climbing down the vines onto Ricky's shoulders to get at the bananas he was offering. After this stop we went to a herbal farm where Ricky introduced us to some Costa Rican herbs and where the owner made us a delicious drink of sugar cane juice, Costa Rican limes and ginger. OMG it was so good. Then we were off to our river cruise portion of the tour where we spent about an hour and a half on the river viewing crocodiles and all sorts of wild birds. The fellows running the river cruise actually call to the crocodiles who come to the boat. We then beached the boat and one of the fellows got out and fed raw chicken to the crocs. An amazing experience. We all loved this portion of the tour. After the cruise we went off to the canopy walk which is pretty neat and then Ricky took us for an authentic Costa Rican lunch at a very nice restaurant. We were served grilled sea bass which was simply amazing! After lunch we continued with our tour and were back to the ship in plenty of time. All I can say about Ricky and his tour that you must book with him. He is passionate about his country and showing visitors the best that he can. If you are on a cruise ship do not waste your time on a ship's tour. Book with Ricky. He is way cheaper and you will have a much more fulfilling experience. You will leave Costa Rica wishing you could have spent more time with Ricky.

1  Thank BrianM55