“The perfect addition to our cruise experience!”
Review of Thumbs Up Tours

Thumbs Up Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Thumbs Up Tours is a locally owned business with 10 years of experience in the travel industry. At Thumbs Up Tours We are dedicated to offering accurate information about Costa Rica to a wide range of travelers. We are committed to facilitating and creating the vacation experience of your dreams. Our bilingual team of Costa Rican vacation planners delivers excellent service to customers from around the world. We specialize in sightseeing day tours with small groups of 8-12 in all regions of the country.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
San Diego, California
“The perfect addition to our cruise experience!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We were part of a group that did an 8 hour tour during our port stop in Costa Rica during a Royal Caribbean Panama Canal cruise and it was BY FAR the best memories and the best value of everything we did during our cruise!

Andrew, our guide and the founder of the company, was knowledgeable, interesting, kind, prepared and energetic. His English is perfect, which made the guided and story telling portions of the tour great. His tour bus had A/C, he had prepared with complimentary Costa Rican beer and water. His tours had a good mix of shopping, sights, food, rest, animals, and fun. It's clear he has a lot of experience and understanding of his group. It was also wonderful that he let us know when the best and cleanest bathroom facilities would be during the trip, and he chose most places that had access to them.

We went on a crocodile /bird watching river cruise where they fed crocs right in front of you, monkey and sloth sightings, coffee tourist spot, lunch at at amazing five star resort (the transportation and food probably added up to the entire cost we paid, it was like the rest was complimentary!), views of the waterfall, a jungle beach, and scenic drives. I couldn't have chosen a better value or a better guide. If you want to see a lot in Costa Rica while feeling safe, getting a great value for your buck, and learn things you couldn't know on a self-guided excursion THIS is the way to do it! He even met us at our cruise terminal. We didn't have to pay a cent for anything but our tour unless we wanted extra shopping. Andrew was gracious and funny - I'd recommend him to anyone heading to Costa Rica!

Visited December 2013

“Fantastic”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had so much fun on my vacation,,I do want to say without the help of Andrew I would of missed out on a lot of things,,He knows alot of different cool Costa Rican spots,And I definitely will be callin him the next time I go visit!!! I recommend this guy to everyone who wants to see what Costa Rica has to offer,,Rates are good and he knows his stuff!!! Happy vacationing everyone!!!

Mexico City, Mexico
“thumps up lives up to its name!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Andrews is by far the best tour guide I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, having someone who can explain to you everything in detail with soo much knowledge and enthusiasm is priceless, I think the biggest issue most people have when touring a non bilingual country is communicating with their guides, Andrew speaks perfect English & Spanish as he was raised with both American & Costa Rican lifestyles. His prices are fair & his vehicles are in mint condition which is another plus. Overall On a scale of 1-10 I would rate him a big fat 10, he went above and beyond to make our trip to the Rich Coast memorable, we made a new friend in Costa Rica & so will you if you are fortunate enough to have him as your tour guide!

Visited March 2012
“More fun and for less!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Andrew's a bright tour guide and very friendly. Im looking forward to returning again next year and see the rest of his beautiful country, we saw an abundance of places in very little time during our transit through the country. I can highly recommend him to anyone.

Espoo, Finland
“thumbs up to Andrew & Jerry”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We booked the Ecosystems tour with Andrew just recently and he delivered us a wonderful tour he's got a really nice and new Mercedes tourism van and we felt safe the whole time, his driver Jerry is very professional as well there isn't a language barrier with Andrew since he is 1/2 American & 1/2 Costa Rican! We never had a dull moment with him he is a funny guy and had us laughing the whole time. A big plus is that Andrews a graduate student in tourism and has degrees in tour guiding in all parts of the country as well, we know this because at Manuel Antonio National Park they only allowed for certified accredited guides to enter and tour their groups around, while many tourists there that had to pay extra to hire a licensed guide from the parks staff of guides. We were very happy that this didn't happen to us, Mr. Andrew happily showed his credentials and off we went inside with him! It was an excellent day with excellent people! On behalf of Margie & I we highly recommend him and his team as your hosts in Costa Rica. 2 thumbs up!!!

Visited July 2012