“Isla Tortuga.”

Full-Day Tortuga Island Cruise from San Jose
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A small haven of white sand and turquoise seas, you could almost swear you are in bahamas. Awsome for scuba diving and snorkeling, You can take the Catamaran in Puntarenas and enjoy a a few drinks before getting to the island, it's a short trip too, you can come and go in one day. Really worth trying at least once.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Nice boat trip and the beach was lovely. It was hot so take water. We enjoyed out visit and snorkeling.

1  Thank GinaJ388
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Just a beautiful tropical dry forest island with its beautiful beaches and background elevation which you can view through its nice walking trails.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I took a boat to Isla Tortuga and had a great time! Like most of the companies that do tours there from Montezuma, we got on the boat in the morning, took about a 45-minute ride to get to where we could snorkel, stopped at several snorkeling spots, and then had lunch and a few hours to relax on the island. It was blissful! There were several hammocks around the beach for us to relax in, picnic tables to eat at, and some water toys to rent (jet skis, etc.) but those seemed unnecessary. One of my favorite parts of the island itself was the abundance of wild animals! Beach pigs, beach peacocks, and beach turkeys! The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that the boat ride was very choppy (although fun! If you have motion sickness you will want to be prepared!) and loooong, and on the ride back everyone in the front half of the boat was completely soaked. I know we were swimming all day so it wasn't really a big deal, but it was still an uncomfortable last hour to an otherwise gorgeous, peaceful day. Despite the touristy vibes I got at first, I was quite happy with how secluded it felt. I would return to Isla Tortuga.

2  Thank ChristinaElaine
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The boat trip from Montezuma was a good start to the trip to the island - we saw lots of dolphins on the way. The beach is golden sand, water warm - a true bit of paradise.

1  Thank Wendy H