“Awesome”

Hotel Las Brisas
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Punta Arenas
“Awesome”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights @ this Hotel. Very clean, comfortable, easy access to the Ferry. Owned by a nice gentleman who welcomed us personally. He offered AND called a taxi since we were attending a wedding at Isla Tortuga in the evening AND it was pouring in Puntarenas. Advised us Of local surroundings. Good affortable price in comfort rooms. House cleaning good AND safe. Good for a family weekend stay. Would return in ovetnighting in Puntarenas again. Its on the quite cleaned side Of Paseo de los Turistas. Recommned this place to all. Intimate clean secure AND friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Karjai02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Vernon, Canada
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had a fabulous experience there. I can't decide what was better: the pool (incredibly clean and very attractive), the restaurant (excellent breakfast, with good burgers, sandwiches, & spaghetti, and while the chicken cordon bleu is a bit different from what I was used to, I ordered it over and over again), or the proprietor of the hotel (who we could talk to easily because of his excellent english and his wonderful way with guests). Additionally, the room was clean, the showers were hot, and the air conditioning worked. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. I'd return there in a hot minute.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NolaRussell
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I needed a quick get-away from the big city and landed for a night in Las Brisas (11/2/12). We took the advice of Trip Advisor bcause it was #1. Yes, we know that Puntarenas is not very appealing upon entering at the main highway! Patience. The avenue where Las Brisas is found is a nicer area. The weather was perfect and we really liked our oceanfront room. There were a few problems, barely hot water,a non-functioning safe, big stain on celing in bathroom. The room was over-priced. But we did enjoy it! The pool was nice. We ate lunch there on Thursday and waited 45 minutes for a so-so lunch. Thursday evening was great. There were no "pimps" hanging out but families, kids, babies in strollers enjoying the weather. The breakfast was good. Very good coffee. We rested as we planned but will not return here.

Room Tip: Ocean-front is expensive.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank pablocollier
lasbrisas_tony, Manager at Hotel Las Brisas, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
hello pablo.

thank you for your review.
and we appreciate your feedback.
this will contribute in our efforts to have better service and better facilities.
Tony.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Best hotel in puntarenas .For a minute it looks U are in the GREEK ISLES.color blue and white.Excellent pool with cascades..A,C inside units.Blocks from the ferry to playa naranjo and from the paseo de los turistas..What a difference with others hotels I stayed before.
U good alll kind of litle restaurants or what they call in costa rica sodas like 3 blocks away and also the best pizzeria in puntarenas like 6 bloks from this oasis .
I was charge 79 night and I stayed 2 nights,so take advantage of this low season and enjoy this place .Best staff ever.Nice breakfast buffet included with 4 or 5 options of gallo pinto,orange juice,tostadas,coffe or milk or cofffe and milk or black tea.also if you didnt want to walk around the hotel got his own nice rest..
Beer imperial only 1000 colones or 2 dollars even cheaper than the local bars..
I would stay here more days if I didnt have to go back to the states..
Mr Saal french canadian best manager ever run this place like a hotel in Mexico where he spend some time as he said and everybody who travel knows Mexico is the best hotel service ever,WELL,Mr.Saal runs this place the Mexican way..
Pool with cascadas U can swing till 1000pm but if you R quiet they leave U stay longer..
Mexican front desk Clerk very nice and will service U in any need..
Tica cook will make your tostadas and gallo pinto the way U want it..
Mr.Saal speaks spanish,french and english perfect so U wont have any problem comunicating with him.I felt like home away from home and will be my permanent hotel in puntarenas.SO i see you in 2013 Mr.Saal
Only inconvenience there is not phone inside the rooms and I had to be bothering Me.Saal all the time asking him to let me use his phone wich he was OK with it and believe me I bothering him too often
Also lock in door handled was a little rusty because the salinity or the proximity to the beach but I fix it myself with W4 that concierge gave me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank metalcuban
hello.

thank you for your review and i am glad you liked our hotel and service.

see you soon...

and thanks for your feedback...

tony
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We stayed here early last week for one night. One reviewer said it right that this only exists for the ferry overnighters. We were taking the ferry the next morning and we almost skipped it and jumped on the ferry but dusk was approaching and we didn't want to drive at night. Plus I would have felt bad since they were holding a room for me.
The hotel is encased in a chain link fence so if you can squeeze your car in the tiny lot then it would prevent vandalism/break-ins. The pool was filled with families having fun when we arrived. It was a Saturday afternoon and It seems this is a great place for families because there are many bed combos you can have in your rooms. We had 2 full and 2 singles squeezed into our room.
Our room: Well, like almost every other place I have stayed in CR, the mattress sucks. We ended up sleeping in separate beds so we could try to be comfortable. The a/c was working a little too good for my tastes so I was cold all night but the the others liked the temperature. The rooms are dated. They have definitely seen better days but the hotel was not hurting for business. I'm sure it was sold out. The bathroom had a couple of broken slats of glass so we left the door closed to prevent the a/c from going out. I did walk by some of the upper level rooms and I think they may have been renovated slightly.
We paid about 139 for the room and since I didn't really see anything better i guess it's as good of a value as you are going to get unless you stop a few miles before the ferry. We were glad we did stay since once we got off the ferry there was really nothing until you got to your destination. Lots of farmland and fields and dirt roads. If you are used to staying in a Marriot full service 200 a night hotel then this could be compared to a Knights Inn 35 a night.
I will say that the desk staff and employees were very nice but hey, it's Costa Rica and there aren't very many mean people.
Nearby: from the hotel facing the beach if you turn left there is a restaurant just up the way that was pretty tasty. El Joron. We had a great meal there. further down is a lot more activity in the way of stores, restaurants, etc. The place is hopping on the weekend but deserted on the weekdays. If you go down the side road there is a great little soda about 2 blocks up.
The ferry is just around the corner. Turn right out of the hotel parking and go around the bend. Get in line and wait for the ferry person to come give you a laminated paper and then go to the ticket window.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lori B
hi.

thank you for your review.

you have given us a lot of feedback. thank you we have taken into account every detail you mentioned and since then worked in reconditioning a lot of things in the hotel so we can provide better service. we continually work in improvement but sometimes we miss details...

tony
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Although the hotel has a beautiful view over the bay, at $105 per night it hotel is overpriced -- $60 -- would be appropriate. The place is falling apart. For instance, the bathroom was not clean, the furniture was chipped, there were dirt marks on the walls and the drapery was crumpled.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank M H
lasbrisas_tony, Manager at Hotel Las Brisas, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
hello. i am sorry we did not meet your expectations. and would like to know more about your experience in our hotel.

please write to the hotel email.

thank you for your review because this is the only way we can know what we need to become better....

Travelers are raving about these Punta Arenas hotels

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The pool is nice. The food is excellent and the variety is great for a smaller hotel.
It is right on the main strip where all the action is. We were there Christmas week and it got quite loud. The doors don't seal well, but this is Costa Rica, everything is open air pretty much. It can get loud when the people are partying right outside on the beach and street. Other than that the rooms ae a good value since it is right on the beach strip.
Tony and staff were the best! They bent over backwards to make our stay as comfortable and worry free as possible. It was a pleasure knowing them and we hope to return some day.
Thanks!
Henry & Mike

Room Tip: Streetside rooms can be quite noisy.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
hi guys. thanks for the review.

and likewise we hope we can welcome you again someday. it was great meeting you and your family and we enjoyed having you here...

tony and javier...