“Full day of fun for all”

OkeyDokey Day Tours
Ranked #17 of 26 Tours in Punta Arenas
Destin, Florida
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Full day of fun for all”
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Everything was as anticipated plus some. The only thing that could have made it perfect would have been a speaker system in the van. poor Charlie was drowned out by four kids under 5, two Tweens, three teens and 10 adults. Our private family tour arranged via email was a bargain compared to the shore excursions arranged by our ship;Princess cruises. Charley was extremely responsive, and professional, from the first email with a detailed suggested itinerary and flexible once the tour started! Great fun for the whole family! Be forewarned...Cash only!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank travelismypassion

Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Vedragus Rain Forest with Okey Dokey”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Veragus rain forest (inc lunch) and canal boat tour. The rain forest is nice and the canal boat tour was just average not that exciting.

What I did not like is the fact that Charlie said he would be our guide ... but that was not the case. Our driver turned out to be a really nice guy. Charlie also told we would be going with other couples when we had booked a private tour with just the 4 of us. We held our ground and finally took off for our ride to the rain forest. This kind of bait and switch was not uncommon in several ports on this cruise.

As far as I know being allowed into the port has to do with either the fees charged or the fact that some of these ports are industrial and not allowed. I cannot recall if there were other tour operators meeting guests.

There was a nice native craft area and we found caps, t shirts and a really nice tree frog painting to bring home.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank herbalsoaplady
Kent, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day with Okey Dokey tours”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were on a cruise and had a full day in Costa Rica. I had heard of OkeyDokey tours through a friend that had used them and was very happy with them. I emailed Charlie and got a response right away. I wanted a day in Puntarenas for a group of 6 in an air conditioned van. Charlie's employee Christian picked us up outside the gate which was fine. He did everything to make sure we had a fabulous day. It was $80 per person and we tipped him and the driver. We stopped
at a fruit stand and ate local fruit, got bananas to feed the monkeys Christian spotted in the trees, saw beautiful birds he also pointed out. We then went to the Tarcoles river and did the crocodile tour on the river. The crocks were right outside our boat as the driver fed them raw chicken. It was amazing. We then went to a great lunch with the locals. He drove us by the waterfall for us to see from afar and get a beautiful ocean view from the hillside. It was a great day that took about 7 hours. We all really enjoyed it and felt we definitely got our money's worth. The cruise ship offered the river cruise part for $69 which was only a small part of our whole day. We hope to go back again someday and see the other part of Costa Rica. It was a great day!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank JMBtrip
A TripAdvisor Member
“Just say no”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and i were traveling via cruise ship to Costa Rica arriving on 2/16/13. The reason we choose this cruise was due to Costa Rica as we've not been their before. We were looking for a company that would take us on a river rafting trip and OkeyDokey was one of the few that returned our emails. I read many reviews on them from both Tripadvisor and cruise critic and the reviews were all over the place; some good and some bad. So we took a chance and we had a "some bad" experience. First off for some reason they are not allowed through the terminal gate. No surprise as they tell you this up front but that should have been the red flag for us. we finally found someone from their company outside the gate and the first thing he said to me was that he needed the $198 up front for our trip. I told him I'd rather pay at the end of the tour. He then started making phone calls to someone and after about 15 minutes he told me that his contact for this tour was not picking up the phone. I told him I'd wait inside the small gift shop that was a few feet away from where he was. About 10 minutes later he came inside and told me that no one was picking up the phone and it's possible that it was because there were not enough people signed up to make this worth his while. I never heard from the owner Charlie until I arrived home today. He sent me an email stating that his associate said I had changed my mind. Not true. I only changed my mind because he said that no one was picking up the phone. His associate did try and sign me up for another tour, not rafting, but at this time I felt it best to walk away from Okeydokey and try someone else. I never got to do a rafting trip and the tour i signed up for was pretty much a waste of time. I was really looking forward to visiting Costa Rica as i heard how beautiful it was. I never got to see that part of Costa Rica. To sum it up....it you use Okeydokey you'll be rolling the dice. Some times good; sometimes a waste of your time.....your roll.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Not Prepared For Disruptions”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We were staying in San Jose for a few days and decided to hire Charlie for a trip to Tortuguero Canal and the aerial tram outside of Braulio Carrillo national park. Charlie is a nice enough man and the email responses with the plan for our day trip were prompt, but unfortunately he was not adequately prepared for our trip when the day arrived. There was a shutdown of the main highway he chose to take us on (four lanes down to one lane with alternating lane traffic). This caused a 2.5 hour delay from the start of our day and made us late for all of our other “reservations”. Unfortunately, since he took all the cash up front, he must have felt obligated to stick to the plan and drive us out to the Canal (in our rental car mind you). The traffic delay was bad enough, but we had no idea about what we were getting ourselves into next. When we finally arrived at a loading area, we had missed the last advertised tour boat at 3PM by 15 minutes. He then decided to hire a small shipping barge for us to ride in going down the canals. The boat was loaded with construction materials which we sat on top of. Almost as soon as we pushed off, it started raining. Our boat had no cover, my wife sat hunched under an umbrella on a bag of pea gravel… after the rain stopped we continued on for about another 30 minutes (1 hour total time) to go to the tourist town of Tortuguero. There we learned that this was not tourist season and the actual park was closed. After wandering around aimlessly for about 20 minutes, we ate at a restaurant (our first meal since we had to skip lunch in an effort to make it to the boat). The food was questionable, but we were hungry (I didn’t get sick, but my wife did). By this point, darkness had set in. I was initially under the impression we would take a taxi (car) back up to the start of the canal where our car was parked… I was wrong. He had opted to pay the same boatman to take us back to our car using the canals. It was a moonless night, the boat had no running lights… it seemed questionable, but we really didn’t know what else to do. Well, we obviously made it back to the car after another hour sitting on a boat in the darkness (at least it didn’t rain again). From there he drove us back to our hotel where we arrived at 10:30PM… over 3 hours later than was anticipated. The traffic situation was unfortunate and without it who knows, maybe this would be a 4 or 5 star review, but after such a long delay Charlie should have realized that the plan needed to change, even if that meant giving a refund and cutting the tour short early (or perhaps going to Poas volcano, which I had brought up prior or doing something different). Maybe if you chose one of the standard tours, it’ll work out for you. However, I cannot recommend using his services if you are based in San Jose. Also, the fee he charged for what we received was totally out of line, especially considering he used our car, but I am more disapointed with what felt like a wasted day.

Visited February 2013