“Victor and Greivin are all about the customer service”
Review of Tiquicia Tours

Tiquicia Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Our goal is that you know the wonders of Costa Rica, we take care to provide specialist care service for you to relax and enjoy our beaches, restaurants, hotels, Volcano and carried him to an endless number of adventures as rafting, Canopy, Jungle Crocodile Safari, Snorkeling and many more in which count with experienced guides for their security. We provide high quality services, with the purpose of satisfying the needs of our clients to focus on ensuring the quality of services we offer, we offer personalized attention to each of our clients and all are extremely important to us. Tiquicia Tours has emerged as the leading company in the tourism sector in Costa Rica we care about our customers to feel comfortable and can make the most of this great adventure. In Tiquicia Tours we have the best packages in the market and offer a variety of tours and activities either on land, air or water, where you want tiquicia leads tours for your Costa Rica vacation unforgettable while enjoying a spectacular natural beauty. We invite you to learn more about our destinations and sailing activities on our website in which you can find information and pictures about the beautiful places and animals that offers Costa Rica, a country endowed with lush flora and fauna.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My mom and I vacationed in Costa Rica from March 16-21 and stayed at the Hilton Doubletree. Before we even got to Costa Rica I knew I wanted to zip line, but I hadn't thoroughly researched it. One day when we were on the beach, Greivin approached us and gave us his card. I saw that Tiquicia Tours offered zip lining so we inquired further and Greivin gave us his spiel.

Normally I would research something like this to ensure it would be worthwhile, but we were on the beach and it's what I really wanted to do, so hey, why not. Greivin mentioned other tours as well but we held back, saying we would do the zip line tour first and if we were completely satisfied, then we would consider booking more tours.

We ended up taking three tours with Victor and Greivin, so I think that speaks for itself. Here's a breakdown of the tours we did:

Zip lining: Pros - The best tour in my opinion, best value. We stopped to feed monkeys on the way there (extra $3) and see crocodiles which were cool experiences. Zip lining was a blast; staff was fun, informative, and made us feel safe. Very hot and humid; dress accordingly.
Cons - All pretty minor. We were originally told there would be fewer people on the tour, but it actually ended up being more fun in a big group. We also thought there would be animals/birds in the canopies but there were none, though I don't know if we just invented this thought or if it was advertised to us! We also got back later than expected due to the extra stops we made.

Snorkeling/Tortuga Island: Pros - My mom and I were both first-time snorkelers and had a great time since our guide explained everything in detail. We were also one of the first groups to the snorkeling area which was a huge advantage because towards the end it got pretty crowded with other snorkelers. The white sand beach afterwards was pretty and lunch was tasty.
Cons - Don't forget your towel for the beach! Chairs cost $$ to lounge on and if you don't want to do the other activities they offer on the beach like jet skiing, etc($$) then you will be lounging/swimming for a few hours.

Poas Volcano: Pros - Got to see a lot of villages/mountains on the drive there which I personally enjoyed because it was far more authentic to the country than tourist areas. Our tour guide Esteban was extremely knowledgable about Costa Rica's history, culture, politics, flora, you name it. He spoke English quite well and made the drive there and back a great leaning experience. Peace Lodge hotel was gorgeous, and being able to hold a toucan and see a jaguar were definitely highlights.
Cons - A long drive (~2 hours each way) and we didn't even get to see the volcano due to the clouds :( This one's a risk. Also dress warmly (sweatshirt and long pants) - we weren't informed and were left shivering in the cold mist!

In all, these tours really defined our trip to Costa Rica as we experienced and learned a lot in a short amount of time. Victor and Greivin genuinely care about providing their customers with a great experience and will go above and beyond for you. They even offered us transportation to get back to the airport when we were leaving.

If you have any doubts, give these guys a chance to prove themselves and I'm sure you will be as pleased as we were.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

these guys were great! we took three tours with them on our trip to Costa Rica everything was as represented. Grevlin and Victor can be found on the beach at the Double Tree resort. They were both very knowledgeable and tailored the trip to fit our needs. I cant say enough about how great they were. you cant go wrong

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My friends and I stayed at the Doubletree by Hilton resort this spring break. We knew we wanted to zip line for sure and get away from the resort at some point to experience the culture and do some shopping at the local market. We checked in on Sunday and we were extremely happy once we saw the hotel offered excursions, however we could not get information on the tours until Tuesday. Lucky for us we met Victor Monday afternoon on the beach who told us about his company and the tours they offered at a discounted price. I'll admit I was a little hesitant at first because I did not know if it was a scam or not. Victor quickly won me over with his professionalism and sense of humor. He showed us pictures in his binder, he explained the layout of the tour, and the type of transportation we would be using. He then pulled out his tablet and showed us videos and allowed us to read some of the reviews on Tripadvisor. We were sold. He called over his partner Greivin and we paid a small deposit to hold our seats.

The next day we saw Victor again on the beach and asked if we could use his services, he also provides air conditioned car service, to take us to the local beach down the street. He had a car over for us in less than 15mins. Not only did he and Rolando, our driver, drive us to the beach but he showed us the port where the fishermen meet everyday and gave us a little insight on the life of a fisherman in Puntarenas. He also showed us where we could find good Costa Rican food because the food at the hotel sucked.

The next day we finally went to feed the monkeys, see the crocodiles, and zip-line through the rain forest. The monkeys were SO cute! You give a small donation of $3 to provide you with the bananas and crackers to feed the monkeys. I was a little nervous I mean they are wild animals but I quickly learned they don't scratch or bite so they are completely safe. Our driver Billy joined in on the fun and made us feel even more comfortable around the monkeys. The company that Victor's company goes through for zip-lining was also amazing. Those guys were true professionals and HILARIOUS!!!!!

It was very important for me to write this review because I am still in awe about the great customer service we received. After the tours and even on our way to the airport both Greivin and Victor called us to make sure we enjoyed ourselves and had a great time. They also thanked us for trusting them and using their services. I truly recommend Tiquicia Tours to anyone traveling to Puntarenas. They will not disappoint!

- The Chocolate Ladies :-)

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My friends and I met Victor and Greivin on the beach and were thrilled to learn about the many excursions we could take with their company. The rates were much better than what the company offered at the Double Tree. We left a small deposit with them (to secure our spot for the zip lining excursion) and agreed to set up a tour with them on Wednesday. Unfortunately, I became very ill the night before and could not attend the tour. We were able to reschedule the tour for Thursday with no additional hassle! Victor and Greivin were both very understanding and after I felt better, Victor offered to take us on a tour of the city where we visited Puntarenas beach for two hours. While Victor and Greivin set up the tours, they hire drivers to transport tourists to the various attractions, but they are always present to greet you and introduce you to the drivers. The drivers were always extremely nice and trustworthy. Billy took us on a tour to see the monkeys and zip lining, he great! I definitely enjoyed Costa Rica because of the hospitality and humor displayed from Tiquicia tours, Victor in particular. With this being my first trip abroad, safety was a chief concern of mine and they did a wonderful job of keeping us safe while exploring all that Costa Rica had to offer.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Purchased the crocodile river/ monkey tour through Victor. The tour and Victor were fantastic. Fair price, everything as promised! Very trustworthy, I would highly recommend! Thanks for a great trip!