“Great beach day”

$119.00*
Tortuga Island one day tour from Puntarenas
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Calypso Tours is a tourism pioneer in Costa Rica. We created the now world famous "Tortuga Island Cruise" in 1975 and are CR's first independent tour operator. Throughout the 40 years that Calypso Cruises has been the number one tour in Costa Rica. Experience blue water, white sand, green mountains, superb cuisine and attentive personal service. Calypso's super catamaran, Manta Raya, will pass through more than seven islands in the Gulf of Nicoya. Her Port of Call is the beautiful, palm studded Tortuga Island where you can walk the impeccable white sand beach, swim in the turquoise waters and investigate the marine life, while the crew prepares a sumptuous feast (featured in Gourmet Magazine). Enjoy dining in the shade of white umbrellas with tables covered in white linen.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Kingston, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great beach day”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Nice boat - not crowded. Served fresh fruit and drinks on the boat ride. Snorkel and banana boat ride included, and lunch.
Nice white sand beach to relax and enjoy.

Wall Township, New Jersey
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Our experience was very good”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was suprised to read about other experiences because ours was very good. We booked our tour from the hotel Doubletree in Puntarenas. The bus was comfortable however I did not check out the bathroom. breakfast was traditional costa rican with tortias rice and beans and fresh fruit. The Catamaran had 2 nice small sitting pools and the staff was very attentive. They served non alcoholic beverages and fruit making sure to offer to everyone. There was no lack of chairs for us on the beach. The water has lots of coral so you do need water shoes to swim. The snorkelling was pretty good. I do have to agree with some others that there was not good instruction for first time snorkelers. I had to show people how to put on the snorkel vests. Then we had to jump off the side of the boat which is not how I prefer to get into the water. If it were not for this aspect, I would probably give this tour an excellent rating. Lunch started with cerviche made with talapia (cheap farm raised fish which I would not eat) then a good and plentiful salad bar followed by coconut encrusted chicken with a side of veggies. It was very good, but if you don't like chicken or coconut you should pack a lunch. Overall we did really enjoy our day. I would suggest checking water conditions from the hotel before booking. Also there were less than 70 people on our tour which was comfortable. I don't know how crowded they might get.

Michigan City, Indiana
76 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour of Tortuga Island”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Calypso Island Tours is number. One. In service, food quality and value as far as I'm concerned.From the start of the day with breakfast, we we retreated with great courteousness and helped aboard their comfortable catamaran.We enjoyed sitting near the captain as the crew came by with fresh fruit and drinks.
The trip to Tortuga Island was very pleasant.On the white sand beach we enjoyed the free snorkeling, banana boat ride and the warn water for swimming. Lunch was outstanding with linen tablecloths and several courses.The wine was a nice added touch.The crew speak English very well and Alphonso, the co-owner, was very helpful.
This trip was an excellent way to spend the day at a beautiful beach and gave very good value for the cost. This should be a definite trip you should taken when visiting Costa Rica

Friendsville, Tennessee
“The best tour ever!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have been to Costa Rica several times and have done many tours. The Tortuga Island tour was just awesome. The only tour that I actually got free activities and first class service without having to pay any extra money. They served fresh fruit and soft drinks and the lunch was delicious. We went snorkeling (all included) and had fun on their banana boat. Do not hesitate to book this tour, you will not regret. I will definitely go again!

Visited January 2013
“Impresionante!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Un viaje inolvidable. Todo el staff es atento y amable. A pesar de ser costarricens no dejo de impresionarme con las bellezas de mi país.

An unforgetable trip. All the staff is kind anda willing to help you. Being costarrican i still get amazed by my beatifull country.