“Don Alvaro was the best!!”
Review of Odyssey Day Tours

Odyssey Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Odyssey Tours is an enterprising Costa Rican family business with 10 years of experience as tour operator, we can help you to plan your trip with transportation, guidance, accommodations, day tours, shore excursions and even restaurants. Our goal is to ensure the enjoyment of your vacations, our main location is Puntarenas but certainly we provide services in most of the tourist destinations of our country including Jaco, San Jose, Liberia surroundings, Manuel Antonio and Limon.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We used Odyssey tours during out time in Costa Rica (from San Jose to Arenal, Arenal to Guanacaste, and Guanacaste to San Jose). Don Alvaro (the father of Alvaro and Diego who are the main owners) was so flexible and accommodating, we felt like we were getting driven by family. Him and Astrid, who was our guide the first day on our way from San Jose to Arenal were so informative. They went out of their way to create memorable moments for us by stopping along the way to show my 8 year old son animals: sloths, hummingbirds, monkeys, etc… he loved it!!
I would HIGHLY recommend them in a heartbeat. They really made our one week stay in Costa Rica comfortable. The are THE BEST!!!

There are newer reviews for Odyssey Day Tours

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I priced out renting a car or city to city other private transportation for 4 persons. Prices comparable or actually less. We just used local transportation in Monteverde and Playa Flamingo but needed even very little of that. Ended up about
I was only looking for private transportation but Al gave me solicited advise about my itinerary that made the trip even more enjoyable. AND they included a guide on all legs who was enthusiastic, personable and knew all the little secrets that only a local could.
Most of the trip Al's dad, who we called big "Al " was the driver. I swear he knows everyone and every little corner of the country. I though I had read the tour books cover to cover , he was a wealth of knowledge including all the clean potty stops, great lunch places and where the animals and birds hide. We stopped for a short surprise visit to a flock of scarlet Macaws , a river full of 20ft long crocs, a church covered in mosaics. But we missed the walk to a great waterfall and swim as had one person feeling not too good one day.
They were always on time (usually early). The vans clean and cool and very responsive to our interests. He was a safe driver and we felt we got "special" VIP treatment.
I recommend this tour company highly and would use again if I came to Costa Rica again.
Email me thru TA and I'll send you my itinerary and prices we paid.

2  Thank DebbyLA
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We used Odyssey tours to take us from San Jose Airport to Monteverde, from Monteverde to Playa Conchal, and Playa Conchal to San Jose. They were early to each trip, and brought us to interesting sites along the way. Their travel estimates were acurate and they were extremely accomodating with our travel times. We landed at San Jose at 9pm and drove to Monteverde, arriving at 2am. It was a little scary driving on dirt roads in the mountains but the driver and tour guide were pros. We left Playa Conchal at midnight and drove to San Jose for 4 hours, and the drivers were punctual and cheerful the whole time.

The rates were very fair, and this is the perfect car service to get you from place to place in Costa Rica!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I booked this tour for a cruise ship stop. I was Very Pleased with my tour with Odyssey. Our guide, Exon, was very fun and full of information. He called the white face monkeys to us just by yelling “monkey”. He spotted Scarlet Macaw’s along the road too. He made sure we were all comfortable and having a fun time. He was really fun! Also our driver Geraldo, was very kind and a excellent driver. The van was stocked with a cooler with ice cold water, cokes and beer for our enjoyment. That was a very nice touch and much appreciated! (our other tours on this trip did not)
The zip line was not just our party, but about 30. They had us very organized and went really fast. They took our pictures (at an extra cost) but we ended up buying the whole CD. There was 6 of us, it cost $12 each for one CD. The guys on the platforms were very fast and usually there was one person taking off from the platform when one arrived. Made it hard to take pictures of each other. There are 12 lines. There were no bugs when we went but it was plenty hot.
Lunch was included which I wasn’t expecting, thought it was extra. A sports bar by the road with a nice view, (I only saw one TV though) all the tables are outside in the shade.
You pay at the end of the tour, cash or credit card.
I would recommend this tour company!
But I would like to say 2 things: 1) I had asked for a private tour for the 6 in my party. When we arrived another couple was added to our group. 2) I had a terrible time locating them when I got to the meeting place (fence at the end of the pier) There were tons of guys trying to sell me a taxi, or another tour. I was told to look for a zip line tour sign which I never saw. Nor was there a sign with my name on it (customary) An opposing company finally asked me what tour group I was looking for and he pointed them out to me. You see Odyssey does not operate the zip line, they include it in their tour. I didn’t understand that either.

2  Thank Pemberly198
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had used Odyssey the last time we were in Costa Rica so we eagerly contacted them again for our transfers from Alajuela to Santa Elena (Monteverde area) and back. They were on time for both pickups, stopped for lunch, and quickly pulled off the road to point out some howler monkeys. For the 4 of us, it was a very economical alternative to other means of transportation. We definitely recommend Odyssey.