“Odyssey Tours was exceptional”
Review of Odyssey Day Tours

Odyssey Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Odyssey Tours is an enterprising Costa Rican family business with 10 years of experience as tour operator, we can help you to plan your trip with transportation, guidance, accommodations, day tours, shore excursions and even restaurants. Our goal is to ensure the enjoyment of your vacations, our main location is Puntarenas but certainly we provide services in most of the tourist destinations of our country including Jaco, San Jose, Liberia surroundings, Manuel Antonio and Limon.
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I found Odyssey Tours thru Trip Advisor. All the previous reviews were right. I emailed with Alvaro and he was prompt in every reply. As scheduled he was waiting for us at the end of the pier when we departed the cruise ship. The vehicle was in excellent condition and the A/C worked great - especially important for the warm day that it was. We had scheduled a trip similar to one that the cruise line offered we some changes to fit our group of 8. The tour was all we were promised - monkeys, crocodiles, beautiful plants and trees, a fantastic lunch at a local restaurant and even accommodated that 1/2 of our group wanted to zip line and the others were taking the arial tram thru the lush rainforest.

We had a fantastic time in Costa Rica and Odyssey Tours was an integral part of that visit. We hope to return to Costa Rica to see more of this beautiful country.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I while on a cruise thru the Panama Canal had a stop in Puntarenas , researching things to do I stumbled upon Odyssey Tours. Manuel Antonio National Park was our tour of choice, contacted Alvaro by email in regards to the tour. Alvaro was incredibly helpful in making all arrangements, said our guide would be at the end of the pier at 7:30 and at 7:30 was he was waiting. Victor was our guide and could not have been nicer and more knowledgeable, we traveled 2 hrs to get to the park with commentation along the way. We proceed thru the park slowly with incredible narration along the way, He had a great telescope and gave everyone in the group ample time to see wildlife, also got me (thru the lense on my smartphone) the most amazing picture of a sloath. We spent some time on the beach in the park, incredible....unlike any beach I had ever seen. On the way back to Puntarenas we stopped at a local restaurant and had a wonderful lunch made from local fare. I would recommend everyone take this tour, you will not regret it. I cannot say enough about Odyssey Tours, so easy to deal with while exuding the utmost professionalism. Victor was very patient and helpful with my knee in a brace and never tried to hurry me. It's not to tremendously physical so no one has any excuse not to go.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a cruise to Central America. Before we left San Diego, we registered with Odyssey for a day tour. My e-mail request was immediately answered by Alvaro. He and his family own the tour company. They met our cruise ship on the appointed day. Alvaro's father was our driver and Victor, who is not a member of the family, was our guide. His English was near perfect, and he was absolutely delightful. We were a group of 8, which was a perfect size. My husband and I are rather independent and don't usually do tours, but this tour was so exceptional, so interesting, and so comprehensive. We saw wild life in their natural setting, including crocodiles, monkeys, macaws, toucans, and wonderful butterflies. And none of this was part of any zoo, or display -- it was all very natural. The family clearly has a deep respect for the rain forrest and the animals living within it. We paid nothing up front and only paid for the tour at the end. We were treated to lunch as part of the fee, and given water and soft drinks during the drive. One other thing we liked about this tour was how they let us decide when we were ready to go on to the next part of the tour. No rushing. It was a fabulous day and one I will always remember.

1  Thank slasbury
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We 6 people just finished our private tour with odyssey. We almost met all of their staff in our four tours: Alvaro, Diego, Juan, Victor and Rum. Really nice people, responsible, knowledgeable and funny. We go to arena volcano&hot spring, monteverde, manuel antonio, horseback riding and crocodile man tour. the van is clean, and the lunch is delicious in every soda. They are really the most important part in our happy time in costa rica!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We shared a privately organised tour organised with Diego for a group of passengers from the Star Princess. We were met at the pier and quickly loaded into a nice van with air conditioning (very important). We travelled to the scarlet macaw sanctuary which was excellent - there were wild birds hanging around as well as caged birds which had been taken from private owners.We then travelled to the Crocodile Man cruise on the tarcoles river stopping on the way at a vista point up a mountain. We had a typical costa rican lunch and then set off on our cruise which was great although I did wonder how many crocodile men get eaten! After the cruise we stopped at a souvenir shop (at our request) and then travelled back to Puntarenas. Diego provided us with cold drinks and even let us use his phone as a wifi hotspot to check our email. The communication and organisation was great and Oddysey tours was a pleasure to deal with. I would use them again without hesitation.