All reviews cool off the owner hosts beds osa corcovado macaws
Selected filters
Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights & actually struggled to leave, having fallen in love with the natural charms of the place and the people. It's the perfect base from which to explore Matapolo, Corcovado and the nearby Tico spots. Located in he rainforest, it is both tranquil and full of the sounds of the rainforest. The hosts are amazing, so helpful, always available and happy to share their local knowledge and help you make the most of your time/experience. Truly one of the best places I've had the pleasure to enjoy.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2018

A large group of us rented out the entire lodge for a celebration in January. The owner, Carol, was beyond accommodating and I feel like I made an actual friend in her. Carol and her staff were so welcoming and friendly and went way out of their way to make our group happy, and we are far from low maintenance!

The grounds were very lovely, gorgeous landscaping. The tall trees surrounding the property have many monkeys, macaws and other wildlife.

The rooms were clean, comfy beds, and the new a/c's were great! I slept so freaking good here. I love the little porches with the hammocks!

The pool is salt water, which rocks, and is great for taking a dip to cool off.

The location of the lodge is quite convenient to Puerto Jimenez and the beach.

I enjoyed my stay at Osa Lodge immensely and I hope to return soon!

You should definitely stay here if you get a chance!

Room tip: all the cabins are cute, I don't know that one is better than another
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank tela357
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

We have stayed at the Osa Lodge in Puerto Jimenez multiple times. We are always very happy with our cabin. The staff is extremely inviting and helpful when booking tours! The lodge is right down the road from a beautiful beach. They offer free WiFi, warm showers, and clean cabins. Don't forget to try the famous Corcovado beer!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

Here you have several small cabinas, a communal kitchen and a pool.

The pool was nice. It was the first pool I have seen in Costa Rica that uses chlorine.

Worth noting is that they prefer being paid in cash upfront (USD or CRC). I was told by the manager that this is common practice for the area.

The communal kitchen was not well stocked, so be prepared if you are planning to cook. There is a two-burner propane stove, but not much in the way of dinnerware or pots/pans.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2016 via mobile

Stayed there for one night, and paid more than 70$

Problems:
1. WiFi didn't worked at all. From what I understood happens often, and I approached the management.
2. No hot water (although the suicide shower head heater exist).
3. The AC is old and beaten the heat only on night time with fan's help.

3 major problems in one night + price I paid caused me to write this review.

Pros:
Outside the city and you will spot monkeys and parrots if you haven't seen them until now.

The garden and place is nice.

Small comment for the management - as a lodge which would like to impress the guests no need for the rules list since it is not a hostel.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Alessandra C, Gerente at Osa Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2016

Dear Evladik,

We are so sorry you had these problems during the night you stayed in the Lodge.
We understand your complain as Wi Fi was not working. This doesn´t happen often but sometimes could happen, considering as well the natural surrender we are located. Especially in this wild area, wi fi technology could have temporary problems and we are very sorry this inconvenience happened during your stay. Unfortunately, the solution is not in our hands as these are failures in the area
Regarding the problems in your room with the shower and the A/C we are very sad to hear about these complains here, as if you informed us personally we could be helpful in solving these other inconveniences. All baths have hot showers, and during summer when it is hot, some guests don’t like hot water and turn off the heather. If you informed us about we could check if it was the case or do all the arrangements to solve the problem, the same with the A/C. Unfortunately, we didn’t know about, so it has been not possible to offer any solution during your stay and we are really sorry for this.
Regarding your disappoint for the presence of a regulation in the rooms, we are very surprised about your reaction, as these are simply information and recommendations detailed for all guests to make a more pleasant Stay in the Lodge and it is something common in hotels, hostals and accommodations places in general.
We feel bad as we preferred you could spend a better stay with us, but we appreciate your comments and we thank you for writing this review. Our effort is to offer a better service as possible, and for improving ourselves we pay attention and appreciate the opinion of our guests. Thank you to mention as well the Pros aspects as part of your experience. We appreciate you liked the garden and the place.
Our location, the presence of wild life, and the natural surrender where the lodge is submerged, are part of its value and make the beautiful of the place. Even you saw already monkeys and parrots, enjoying a relaxing swim in the pool observing the nature around is a special treasure of staying here.
Unfortunately, with only 1 night spent in the Lodge and with the inconveniences occurred, we are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations in this case, but we hope in the future you get the chance to visit us again and give us a new opportunity to enjoy a comfortable stay in the Lodge and live a better experience.