For $120 per night per person (which is $240 per night for a couple), I expect some amenities. Toby and Lauren, the owners, charge top dollar. The bungelows are old and the screens need to be replaced. There were at least 20 bugs flying around the room, including a hornet and a yellow jacket, biting flies, etc. My fiance and I awoke to a lizard crawling over us. The owners' dogs bark, sometimes constantly during the night. There is no air-conditioning and it's hotter than hell, even at night. Worst of all, the Iguana Lodge has a tour desk and the fees these "independent" tours charge are outrageous. A boat trip to see/swim with dolphins was $75 each and lasted only 3 hrs (most of that time was spent traveling to and from the spot). A similar trip in Montezuma was $35 per person, lasted 5 hrs, and included a great meal, wine and beer, and desserts on a remote beach. I suspect that the Iguana Lodge (which provides the tour operators with vouchers -- you pay the Iguana Lodge directly for the tours) profits handsomely for each tour they sell you. They arrange for your transportation into town (a few miles down the road) and then charge you $20.00. It's all about profit at the Iguana. Even to have a member of their staff show you around the limited jungle around the lodge was something like $50.00. Lauren has a superficial "niceness," but she is all business. Her husband Toby seems like a nice guy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Lodge is the Osa Peninsula's premier beach eco-resort. Established over eleven years ago, Iguana Lodge is founded on the principles of sustainable tourism, personalized service, joy, health, and well-being. Located on the most beautiful beach on the Osa (no kidding), Iguana Lodge is a contemporary, lushly landscaped resort with a 20 meter lap pool and Jacuzzi, two yoga decks and complimentary yoga classes*, a deluxe spa, a fabulous Tico staff, award winning fresh, healthy meals at our two restaurants, our own naturalist, and excellent jungle and ocean adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Iguana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Iguana Resort Puerto Jimenez
- Iguana Lodge Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez