this was our second time to Costa Rica and first to the Osa Peninsula and our 2 kids (5 and 8). Iguana lodge was wonderful, the food was great, staff extremely kind and helpful. we stayed in one of the Casista--I recommend asking for the upper level, the view of the sunrise when you wake up is great. If you read the website they warn folks that this is not for everyone- I agree. there is no a/c and you have to be ok with little creatures everywhere. our kids loved it. when we went there were a number of other kids and they would all run around together in the afternoons. the staff was very helpful in setting up trips and also letting us know what would and wouldn't be good for our family (for example you have to be 6 yrs to go to the wildlife sanctuary). Sindar the naturalist and guide there was wonderful, highly recommend going on a trip with him.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Lodge is the Osa Peninsula's premier beach eco-resort. Established over eleven years ago, Iguana Lodge is founded on the principles of sustainable tourism, personalized service, joy, health, and well-being. Located on the most beautiful beach on the Osa (no kidding), Iguana Lodge is a contemporary, lushly landscaped resort with a 20 meter lap pool and Jacuzzi, two yoga decks and complimentary yoga classes*, a deluxe spa, a fabulous Tico staff, award winning fresh, healthy meals at our two restaurants, our own naturalist, and excellent jungle and ocean adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iguana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Iguana Resort Puerto Jimenez
- Iguana Lodge Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez