It has been awhile since I have traveled to Iguana Lodge. Yet, my family and I have traveled there four times. I am 16 so yes I am young but I must say this lodge is the most incridable place I have ever been. The first time I visted Iguana lodge I was 11 years old and to this day it continues to be my favorite place. Everyone there is so friendly! You will never fail to make a friend or more! The staff is incridable they help you with anything and they truely become your friends. On Pasta Night it is always fun to socialize with the locals. I danced more on those nights then I thought possible. It's also fun to met the other guests there. I went to Iguana when the landing strip for the airport wasn't paved and when IL didn't have a pool. Even then it was the most incridable experence I could have had. The chef they have is amazing too. All the meals are so fresh, they are really good about appealing to all tastes. Yes, I am a teenager and yes I love sleeping in but I must admit waking up to the birds and monkeys is one of the best things about this place! If it isnt nature calling in the mornings it is the beautiful sunrise. Waking up also isn't that hard because of the fact that when it gets dark at night- it is DARK. Its so natural!! No city lights and noise just the lulling sounds of the waves. Sleep comes easy. It is very humid there and of course there are bugs and crabs but really don't come here if your planning on being pammered. Iguana Lodge is a incridable adventure all by it's self. Don't get me wrong though. Cooling off in the pool, napping in hammics and the spa/yoga can make you feel more relaxed than ever. IL also offers some amazing adventures everything from ziplining to a hike in the rainforest. My favorite had to be the wildlife refuge though, being so close to wildlife like that was unbelievable. The beaches are amazing too! I loved playing in the waves. They can get a little rough sometimes but thats half the fun! After a battle in the waves it is always fun to go back up to The Pearl and get some lunch. They make amazing food and it is just a friendly enviorment. You can relax and look out at the gorgous view of the beaches or stuff your face with some of the best nachos there are. Oh! I can't forget the dogs. Those pups are so sweet! They do good at not begging but you can find them napping at your feet! All in all even you aren't looking to get waited on hand and foot and wanting a truely magical experence this is your place. I couldn't be more in love with Iguana Lodge and can't wait to return! Everyone is so friendly and the sights are beyound breathtaking. I promise you, when you go here it will be a trip you will never forget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iguana Lodge is the Osa Peninsula's premier beach eco-resort. Established over eleven years ago, Iguana Lodge is founded on the principles of sustainable tourism, personalized service, joy, health, and well-being. Located on the most beautiful beach on the Osa (no kidding), Iguana Lodge is a contemporary, lushly landscaped resort with a 20 meter lap pool and Jacuzzi, two yoga decks and complimentary yoga classes*, a deluxe spa, a fabulous Tico staff, award winning fresh, healthy meals at our two restaurants, our own naturalist, and excellent jungle and ocean adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Iguana Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Iguana Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Iguana Resort Puerto Jimenez
- Iguana Lodge Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez