My husband and I stayed at Crocodile Bay Feb. 5-12, 2010. We had a late arrival/departure flight so we had to stay over in San Jose before going to CB. CB took care of all the San Jose hotel and transport arrangements so we had nothing to worry about. The hotel in San Jose was beautiful. We were sorry we couldn't stay there longer. CB resort was fabulous. As soon as we arrived, we saw two red macaws flying over our room.....where else can you see that on your vacation!!!! The resort was small and quaint. The staff at CB were amazing. Since it is such a small resort, you really get to know all the people working there and they are very friendly and accommodating. So much better than those large resorts where you are just another face in the crowd. The rooms were nice and well kept. We wished the rooms had a TV and refrigerator/mini bar, but it wasn't that big of deal. The resort was beautiful, but if you are a vacationer that is looking for opulence, this is not the resort for you. It is a fishing/adventure resort and that is what you get. It's beautiful, but not over the top. The pool and spa areas were well kept, and the service was great. The pool was very private, not a lot of people. The food was also amazing whether you ate at the resort or you had a packed lunch while fishing or on an ecotour. The ecotours were wonderful! The tour guides were friendly, well trained, and very accommodating. The day we went fishing it happened to be windy and the waters were somewhat rough (usually the waters are very calm). I got sea sick and we ended up coming in early because I felt so terrible. The director of fishing approached us and offered to set up another day of fishing for us without charge. He said he didn't want us to miss out on having an enjoyable fishing experience. We went out again (I took meds to prevent sea sickness......a must for anyone going out on the water) and had the best day ever. The captain and mate were great and my husband had a day of fishing he'll never forget! It definitely made the trip for us. CB was a fabulous resort and we would definitely go back there. It really is for those people looking for a great fishing experience or some Costa Rica adventure. Two thumbs up from us!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive packages for World-class Billfishing offshore or Roosterfish, Snapper, & Dorado inshore. Kids love our 24 exclusive Ecotours - Corcovado Rainforest, Zipline, Mangrove Kayaking, & Moms love our luxurious state-of-the-art Spa with a full complement of 30+ Spa massages, facials and full body treatments. Set on 44 lush tropical acres in the bio-diverse Osa Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Crocodile Bay Resort - An All-Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crocodile Bay Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Crocodile Bay Resort - An All-Inclusive Resort Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez