This is an amazing place. I brought my family here and I couldn't be happier I did. The grounds where great, the fishing was outstanding and convenient, the area is beautiful, and the spa is luxurious. But the greatest part of crocodile bay was the staff.
When we first arrived we were met my the owners. They treated us more like we were family than resort guest. Maria (Sever and bartender) is one of the sweetest people we ever meet. We cant wait to get back down and see her again. Elio was our eco guide for a couple of days. He was so kind and extremely knowledgeable. We where very grateful to spend the day with him.
We went fishing only one day and we had a blast. The captain and mate knew the waters inside and out. They were extremely patient with our 3 year old (little Rock) and now he is obsessed with fishing. We would have had a great time if we didn't catch anything but the captain and mate made sure that wasn't the case. We caught a lot of fish including sharks and rosters. Im sure we would have gotten some sails that day but we wanted to stay fairly inshore because of our son.
We also went on a tour one day of gulf. That was the one of the best days I ever had. The staff took us out in a boston whaler. The gulf was as flat as a sheet of glass. Dolphin cam right up to the boat and stayed with us for about 10-15 minuets. After that we cruised from empty beach to empty beach. We snorkeled, hiked, ate lunch and drank ice cold beer. unbelievable day.
The food was awesome. Fish caught that day and many other delicious options for people who don't care for seafood. Did I mention how cold the beer was?
Carlos was extremely helpful and great company. When we left, he took us to the airport. He was waving goodbye as we were taxiing out and our 3 year old was almost in tears. He kept looking at him and saying "Carlos no!". He was devastated that Carlos wasn't coming with us.
We have traveled extensively through Central America and the Caribbean. As much as I enjoyed every place we've traveled to, I never want to go back to the same place we have been. There are just too many places to see. Crocodile Bay however is different. We will be back as soon as we can. This place is special and we look forward to seeing everyone again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All-inclusive packages for World-class Billfishing offshore or Roosterfish, Snapper, & Dorado inshore. Kids love our 24 exclusive Ecotours - Corcovado Rainforest, Zipline, Mangrove Kayaking, & Moms love our luxurious state-of-the-art Spa with a full complement of 30+ Spa massages, facials and full body treatments. Set on 44 lush tropical acres in the bio-diverse Osa Peninsula. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Crocodile Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crocodile Bay Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Crocodile Bay Resort Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez