“Great Fishing with the Rain Forest all around you..”

Crocodile Bay Resort
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
San Francisco, California
“Great Fishing with the Rain Forest all around you..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

The natural Scenery there is amazing. My wife was happy to take some of the nature tours while I could go out and knock em dead.. Tons of Dorado and Tuna outside the Osa bay to greet you. We missed Marlin season, but next year for sure.. The staff was super friendly. It's not at all "touristy".. It's a small hotel next to a small town in rural Costa Rica. You don't get big city amenities but that's not what we were looking for.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Chichester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

after 2 years in the planning our group of four fishing buddies from england finally decended on crocadile bay , we were greeted with a warm welcome and a cold cocktail , there on in we were looked after implicitaly , a clean and proffesional set up i could highly recommend , we shall return .

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank murphy008
Francestown, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2011

Amazing place top notch resort, We were staying at casa bambu.. But we came to Crocodile bay to do some fishing, WOW the staff are amazing the the boats and gear are top notch, We went out on a Sunday full day off shore and raised 8 sailfish and hooked 5.. They had coolers stocked with more food and drink then we could eat. I was so impressed with the whole staff... Todd was a sweet heart, on our last day in Costa Rica we had a late flight so we booked a half of day of fishing, what a way to end our trip my husband hooked a rooster fish, and we all saw dolphin and a whale. When we arrived back at noon we had till 4 till our plane took off, they let us stay and swim tried to feed us again and held our luggage for us ,we were not even staying with them. We can not say enough about this place, if you are looking to do some serious fishing and want to go to a top notch fishing resort this is the place.... Thanks to all of you We had the time of our life, Pura Vida we will be back next year

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank kaz047
NY, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

WELL........this was my third visit to Croc Bay...........and it is nice to know that things are always consistent.....CONSISTENTLY GREAT.............is what I mean......the staff, the environment, service & they also remembered me!!!!!!
it is like going home...........
I had a great (but brief :( ) visit.....
I look forward to my next visit.....hopefully I will be able to stay longer.....like.......forever!!!!
GL

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

My brother and I just returned from Crocodile Bay, where we experienced memories that will last a lifetime. It is difficult to know where to start. I cannot say enough about the service and quality of our experience. While my brother and I were there solely for the fishing, they do offer a wide variety of activities and services, including zip-line, eco tours and a spa facility.

We fished for 5 days, and during that time released 15 sails, and caught rooster fish, amberjack, dorado, mackerel, African Pompano, Jack Crevalle and Snapper. Our Captain and Mate, German and Steven, were outstanding. If you decide to charter a boat, I would highly recommend requesting them if they are available. The team of captains and mates at Crocodile Bay are top notch, so if German and Steven are not available, I am confident you will be in good hands. If there is anything you want, all you have to do is ask.

Your breakfast, lunch and dinner are included each day, and you can select what you would like to eat on the boat the next day. The lunch sandwiches are pretty standard. However, if you want fish sandwiches from whatever you caught the day before, just let them know at dinner. The staff at Crocodile Bay is extremely friendly and focused on providing a top-notch customer service experience. I enjoyed the Huevos Rancheros so much, I asked for it each morning even when it was not being served, and the kitchen and waitstaff obliged me.

Click on this link for the monthly fishing report: http://www.crocodilebay.com/fishingreport.htm

Lastly, if you book a trip with Crocodile Bay, make sure you let them know that Team "Dos Hermanos" referred you!

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank MNFisherman66
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

A beautiful, sport-fishing centered resort in a remote location. The staff were incredible. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. Todd, the man who managed the fishing staff was organized and responsive to what we needed. My husband is the fisherman; I went along for the ride and the views. Caught enough eating fish to provide our dinner every night but one, and enough sport fish to provide lots of excitement. The two eco-tours we went on were fun and very informative. The spa was great. The air-conditioned rooms were a plus, but the wide porches were comfortable for sitting and reading, as well. Only a hard, noisy bed kept the visit from being perfect.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

My wife and I went in November just after they opened for the season. Beautiful way to start off the trip by way of a quick and safe flight from San Jose. Crocodile Bay sets you up with the best airline with safest planes in C.R. The scenery was breathtaking. When you arrive at the resort, you are greeted with a delicious tropical cocktail and treated like royalty from beginning to end. Beau (Manager) and the staff are amazingly kind and attentive people that make you feel welcome. The facilities are spacious and the grounds are representative of the beautiful jungle and tropic surroundings.

Unfortunately we didn't have time to go out fishing (which we've heard they are world class) but we did enjoy the canopy and tour to Osa Wildlife Sanctuary. Also the spa for our anniversary. First the canopy was in middle of one of the most untouched jungles/rain forest areas in the world so it was AMAZING. It started raining at the end which was cool to experience. Good adrenaline rush. Second the trip to the Sanctuary is a must for any animal lover. You get a personal tour by the owner of the Santuary and get to come in contact with monkeys if you like! (she's a cutie and sweetie is the monkey's name). Lastly we ended up spending a whole day in the spa because we can't explain enough how relaxing, professional, and all around good they are there. Just read the comments in the lobby of the spa. We could write a page on the spa alone...

The food in the restaurant was amazing also and if you have a special diet, they are super accomodating as they are with every part of your stay there. All you can drink bar inside and rooms are stocked.

Don't miss out on staying here in one of the most beautiful areas in C.R. and treat yourself to the best.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
#1 of 15 in Puerto Jimenez
La Chosa del Manglar
La Chosa del Manglar
#7 of 15 in Puerto Jimenez

Been to Crocodile Bay Resort? Share your experiences!