“Good food, good service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marisqueria Corcovado

Marisqueria Corcovado
Cuisines: Costa Rican, Latin, Seafood, Central American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: ENJOY THE BEACH, IN A NATURAL AND FAMILY OF THE BEST SEAFOOD, MEAT, BEER, WINE AND SPIRITS. PLUS, FREE INTERNET CONNECTION, RAW AND BREW BEER
Santa Cruz, California
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

The mixed ceviche was fresh and delicious, the arroz con pollo traditional and tasty, and the kids, who are a little less adventurous, thoroughly enjoyed their heaping helpings of fish & chicken fingers (even though the restaurant's version of ranch dressing is closer to a caesar). Our waiter, Javier, could not have been friendlier or more attentive. We accidentally ordered two extra servings of papas fritas, due to the language barrier, but took them to go and had them for breakfast. The restaurant is located just across the street from the water so the view is good, and the slight breeze welcoming. Welcoming place to stop for a bite (or a tall beer) in Pt. Jimenez.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

• Hebrew first
“Best Meal in Osa Peninsula by far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

We found this restaurant and ended up eating here 2 times in 4 nights. The service was very good and I had the imported (US) steaks both nights and they were awesome. My wife had fresh seafood special both times and she thought it was great. I would highly recommend finding this place.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“super fresh seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

The shrimp ceviche made a ceviche lover out of my husband and the whole family enjoyed our meals from arroz con pollo to fish filet, to a seafood plate with everything on it!

Visited August 2014
“Marisqueria Corcovado”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Marisqueria Corcovado was one of my favorite experiences in Puerto Jimenez. Our taxi driver, Tony recommended this restaurant, and it was a great idea!

We had great fresh lobster, decent fries, and terrific ceviche. It was the first time my husband ever ordered ceviche. So, I was hoping that it would be good. It exceeded my expectations. He is now a ceviche fanatic!

The staff was amazing. Our waiter, Javier was so gracious. The manager came out to chat with us and made us feel like we were at home! The language barrier was transcended by the warm people and the fun of the occasion.

Tony surprised us with some delicious oysters that were as big as my hand! The restaurant is open-air, and it's right across from the water. The seafood is definitely fresh! We watched as a mate brought a fresh tuna that was taken from the boat, just minutes earlier, back into the kitchen. They do take pride in their food. Everybody that I saw there that day seemed happy. I heard no complaints.

The place is very laid back. It's basically a no-frills seafood restaurant. It reminded me of a few really great little places on the Jersey shore. Nothing fancy, just great food, good people and a nice casual atmosphere. Overall, it was a wonderful experience.

I am not a vegan, so I can't recommend the vegan fare. Fast...was not on my priority list. If you are vacationing in Costa Rica, it really shouldn't be on your list, either. However, checkbacks were good and Javier always made sure we had nice cold beverages, too!

Of course the pace slower than NY, and that didn't bother me one bit! If fast and trendy is your priority, you might want to think of another destination. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. When in Costa Rica, Pura Vida!

• Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Amazing lobster and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Let's start with the food. The Lobster is delicious and as fresh as it gets! The ceviche is addictive and they have several different options for you. There are a lot of options on the menu and all of them come out fresh. I think the Chef is very proud of his food. (As he should be) As soon is your order is ready, he is ringing his bell to make sure it gets to the customer ASAP.

This was by far the best service we received on our trip. My girlfriend and I went here three times in a week, and they were always so polite and helpful. Get this! On one of our visits our server Javier was asking us if we were enjoying our vacation. We told him that we were, but were disappointed that we could not make it to Corcovado park. He told us that we should visit Mantapalo. We explained that we flew down and did not a car to go. He personally picked us up from our hotel the next day and gave us a guided tour. He said it was a great chance to practice his English. He showed us a great time and even introduced us to his family and friends

Good and kind people work at Marisqueria. They take pride in their found and service. If you ever find yourself in this remote part of the world, stop at Marisqueria and ask for Javier. Es muy bueno!