“A paradise to ease your mind”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Puerto Jimenez
Osa Rainforest Rentals
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had the pleasur of staying for week in casa aire libre. What a hiding piece of gold bordering the jungle.
Tristan was so kind and also willing to help us. The combination of the peace in the surrounding nature and a impacapable house as well as a great manager who will always show you the passion and energy the all community put to protect the nature around them made my stay unforgetable.

Thanks again Tristan i really hope ill have the chance of coming back one day and stay once again in that amazing paradise

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed May 20, 2014

This is my 3rd time to Osa Penensila, but the first time visiting Dos Brazos and staying at Casa Los Suenos. I rarely write reviews but felt deeply grateful for the Tripadvisor community bringing the house and the town to my attention. Below is why I would definitely go back and stay at the same house:

1. The manager: Tirstan went above and beyond to ensure our family had a great experience:
-Before the trip, he was patient answering our questions and made our planning and reservation easy. The deposit and rate were very reasonable.
-During our travel, he was easy to reach via text/phone, and arranged a great taxi driver picking us up
-During our stay, he brought us butter when we forgot to get it at the store; he got fresh eggs for us from the neighbor pasture; he helped with our laundry. He knows amazing local guides. He set-up a morning birding and night walks with Roger, which were the most memorable experience for our family

2. The house: it was immaculately immaculately clean!
We were greeted by the beautiful flower arrangements all over the house. The moment we entered the house, we knew the manager and the cleaning staff took great pride in it! We were there during the hottest month, though we slept comfortably at night. My young child and I chose to sleep on the deck with a mosquito net, which was amazing experience for both of us. My husband slept inside with the fans on. The kitchen was well stocked and we cooked all our meals. The house was very well maintained, and Tristan has been making improvements constantly. I did wish for a newer pot or a pot that wasn’t easily scratched, but I knew it was on his list to improve already.

3. Location: Amazing birding, wild creatures at night, hiking and culture:
We didn’t have a car, but it was comforting to know that the town and airport is within a quick ride in case of any emergency. The birding was amazing right at the property and even from the deck. So did the night walk near the property. We did 7-hr hike in the rainforest nearby, great swimming holes and water falls. It was nice for my child to see locals that were panning for gold in the river. Our hearts were really touched by all the locals we met from our guide to our taxi driver. They were sincerely grateful for our visit and providing a new source of income for the community after a livehood based on gold mining and poaching. We have traveled many countries in South and Central Americas, and can’t think of a better place for my child to experience at a young age.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
JimmyBuffett25, Manager at Osa Rainforest Rentals, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Wow, what an incredible and detailed review, thank you so much Wendy! Well I must say that was easy to take the time to help organize everything with Wendy as she was very enthusiastic and showed much gratitude. It is always a pleasure to see a guest’s appreciation of the natural beauty of the Osa Peninsula, while on our local tours with our guide Roger you could see this with Wendy and her family.

We are grateful for your support and are so happy to get to be a positive experience for the local community and our guests whilst helping to protect the amazing natural environment of the Osa. We look forward to you and your family’s next visit to Dos Brazos de Rio Tigre!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Visited southern Costa Rica in March 2014; stayed at Casa Tonka for 10 days with my wife and three teenagers. The beachfront property was spectacular, completely opened to the jungle, and we felt absorbed by the natural surroundings! Woke up with the howler monkeys every morning, and walked everyday to the beach with our surfboards in hand, and enjoyed relaxed waves and shaded spots while the kids swam and surfed. Tristan and Armelle were wonderful hosts and guides, always no further than a phone call away to make last-minute reservations, give advice on a restaurant or an activity. Their knowledge of the secret spots in the area was invaluable, and turned an extraordinary vacation into a stunning memory-maker.

My fears and concerns as a family father in the jungle were rapidly alleviated; Casa Tonka is safe in its isolation, the ground keepers are nearby with their big (and imposing) guard dog, and the house and surroundings add up to an un-matched experience; the house is a unique design creation, luxurious, exotic, completely immersed in the jungle. Think "Indiana-Jones-in-the-jungle" on a family-safe scale. Leave your city behind and let Osa Peninsula steal your heart.

Room Tip: The kitchen is very well-equipped: pick your food at the local grocer's, since the house is hidd...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This is such a wonderful house on such a beautiful property, I wish we could have stayed for longer! The location of Casa Aire Libre is fantastic. You are a five minute walk from the Dos Brazos waterfall, there are hiking trails (by the end of the year there should even be an entrance to Corcovado NP nearby), and you are a short drive to the beach. Tristan is a great host, he's very helpful, full of information, and very passionate about maintaining these properties with the least of amount of impact to the environment as possible.

We had a great time cooking local seafood, watching the birds around the house, and relaxing in the hammocks. This is an incredible rental property in an amazing setting for a great price. We hope to be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you Corey for taking the time to write such a marvelous review! It was delightful to have you stay with us and we look forward to your next trip to Dos Brazos de Rio Tigre!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in February. This was definitely one of the highlights of our trip to Costa Rica!

The house feels like a natural part of the forest that surrounds it. It is beautiful!

We enjoyed the Bolita trails, the beautiful lush forest, and the sounds of all the birds and creatures around us. We even saw howler monkeys on one of our hikes. Another highlight was meeting local people from the village, panning for gold in the river.

Staying in an open house we had the close connection with nature with the conveniences of hot shower, comfortable bed, a well equipped kitchen etc.

The gardens around the house are amazing.

Tristan was a great host, he provided a great overview of the area and checked on us daily.

It was an awesome and unique experience!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I first stayed at this hidden gem over 6 years ago on my first trip to Costa Rica. At that time, it was the highlight of my vacation. I have returned twice since then. The first time with my teenage children and most recently with my fiance. My trips to Costa Rica would not be complete without a stay at Tristen's wonderful jungle hideaways. As soon as you arrive, you enter a world of relaxation that takes days elsewhere. When I go on vacation, I want to get away from it all and this is the epitome.

Tristan has always been extremely helpful, accommodating, and friendly on my visits. We've gone horseback riding along and through the Rio Tigre, met local gold miners, had evenings out in Puerto Jimenez, relaxing dinners at the jungle house, and the list goes on. You are truly in the jungle when you stay here and that environment is unmatched by any I've ever experienced. If I knew you, I would insist that you stay here on your next trip to Costa Rica. But since I don't, I can only say that you would be doing yourself a great injustice by missing a stay with Tristen.

Room Tip: A stay in the open air jungle house is the best!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

It is always a feeling of happy satisfaction and enjoyment when we have guests returning to visit us and we are always very happy to see Paul again! Thank you Paul for taking the time to write a review for us and we are looking forward to your upcoming trip back to the Osa with your new wife!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Whoever is searching for a place to stay in lush nature with not much people around, full privacy will love that place! The time we have spend at Tristan´s place simply was amazing. Surrounded by untouched nature, the comfortable house provided us a very pleasant home during our stay at Osa Peninsula. Tristan was very friendly and helpful at any time, giving us great advise with everything we were planning to do whilst our stay. We already miss a lot the accommodation he provided with its wooden upper deck, laying in the hammocks in the evening after spending the whole day in rural nature and on nearby hidden lonely beaches. This place definitely is a insiders' tip and we are looking forward to returning to it as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Just rent the whole house :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Christian and Paula were fantastic, it was pleasure to have them stay with us at Casa los Suenos in Dos Brazos del Rio Tigre. We are looking forward to having Christian stay with us again at the end of the year in December but this time at Casa Aire Libre!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Jimenez
#5 of 12 in Puerto Jimenez
Bolita Hostel
Bolita Hostel
#1 of 24 in Puerto Jimenez

Been to Osa Rainforest Rentals? Share your experiences!