“Don't Miss It!”
Review of Il Giardino

Il Giardino
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Description: Located on the Ocean drive Beach, we have some tables just on the water, for a scenic sunset dinner with candlelight and Soft Eclectic Music. it is more than 14 years that Il GIardino is rising the bar of the quality of Food, Service and Ambient, establishing the comparative mark for local and not local restaurant. This Year we started serving, first in town ever, GRILLED WHOLE FISH AND ITALIAN STYLE " FIORENTINA " STEAK, obtaining great appreciation from our Guests. We try to use, the most is possible, local products for our plates, and we, as always, produce our homemade Pasta and Bread, being, again, the only one in this. We utilize only Local Farmer Meat, that we season following the Old Italian Tradition from Toscana and Piemonte, and we prepare it on the Grill, just in front of our Guests. Our BANANA-BOMBA dessert is an unique creation of us, and somebody says that "...it is the Tiramisu' of future!!" The Fresh Fruit drinks we prepare and the Cocktails are always made with fresh fruit and no prefabricated mix are involved in them. We are the Culinary experience you are looking for in the OSA!!
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Wow! We just enjoyed a scrumptious meal at Il Giardino and give it our highest recommendation! The atmosphere is relaxed and very comfortable and clean, and the staff was very friendly and attentive. We thoroughly enjoyed spaghetti and homemade pumpkin ravioli - unique and scrumptious! Also the homemade rosemary bread melts in your mouth as did the marvelous dessert we devoured - a layered banana tira misu (sp?). You don't want to miss treating yourself to a perfect evening at Il Giardino's if you're anywhere nearby! We'll be back soon!!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Il Giardino is a wonderful place to stay... Puerto Jiménez is a great little place in nature, a little paradise in Costa Rica !

Two steps from the water where you can swim and kayaking everyday with a lot of fish, birds and dolphins.

Giulio and his family are very nice, helpful, welcoming and warm !

You are at two hour of the entrance of the Corcovado and you can go everyday with different transportation possibilities... the best one is to go with local people, early in the morning.

The food is the best food; fresh, tasty and at good price. Breakfast everyday with fruits and homemade bread... everything in the menu is good and worth it !

The room is exactly like describe, neat, simple and comfortable.

I highly recommend this place... I wish i could go there again !

Ève

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We booked a room in the back of Il Giardino and ate at the restaurant several nights in addition to having continental breakfast included with the room. It is an interesting place with a wonderful location near the public pier and view of the water with all the activity that provides. There are several tables across the road at the top of the sea wall, which was our favorite place to sit with coffee, a meal, or a glass of wine and de-stress from our busy lives back home. We had several tasty meals, including the lasagna, a house specialty which is the best we've ever tasted, and a Thai curry soup that was also amazingly delicious. The menu is quite extensive, which probably contributes to the time it takes to serve the food, but we really appreciated Guilio's creativity in the kitchen and the variety of dishes he has developed for his guests. Although we ate at several other restaurants in Puerto Jimenez, this was by far our favorite.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed at the B & B attached to the restaurant for four days/three nights. It was a great experience due to the restaurant being connected. This meant that the included breakfasts were with fresh home-made bread, local jams and a large assortment of fruit. Due to the location of being able to dine next to the sea, I eat there three nights and it couldn't have been a better experience. There are no other restaurants in town with this quality as I ordered dishes made from ingredients supplied locally. This family was a very nice family to share the time with and as I was travelling alone, I really appreciated the visit. The room was very clean, however rustic and possibly noisy, which I expected in this price range. I look forward to someday going back to sit at this same seaside table and enjoying the night.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed at Il Giardino (they have 4 rooms in the back and I booked through AirBnB) and ate there for the two nights I stayed in Puerto Jimenez. The room was clean and had everything you need to be comfortable. Especially after doing that hike out of Corcovado, Air Conditioning was such a treat to have. I would definitely recommend staying there.

But the food is on a whole different level. It is worth it to stay there just to be a couple minutes away from such an incredible restaurant. Giulio is from Italy which you can tell from the very authentic and fresh food that he whips up in the kitchen. The parpadelle pasta and piping hot lasagna were both great. I literally salivate at the thought of it. I just wish I had more stomach to try other dishes. Prices are very reasonable. YOU MUST TRY THEIR FRESH ROMEMARY BREAD!!

The couple themselves were just really welcoming and warm. I do recommend visiting Il Giardino for dinner and for lodging!