Although it’s been over a week since I visited Blue Osa, I can still take my mind back to the serenity and beauty from my experience there. This tropical beachfront resort was the perfect getaway from the winter of 2010! First impression are everything and upon my arrival, I could tell Blue Osa this was built with a high end design taste and passion while exuding comfort and intimacy that’s important to me. The staff immediately made me feel like I was an old friend who they were happy to see and please.
There were so many highlights from this trip including daily yoga, delicious food, luxurious spa, lush jungle beach, exciting excursions.
The yoga classes were challenging, educational and fulfilling. I learned so much more about my practice, poses, daily mediation – all with personal attention and assistance that was purposeful, but not intimidating.
There were 4 daily meals that were prepared in the open-air kitchen by a dedicated and talented staff. We enjoyed a wonderful array of fresh ethnic foods including Mexican, Italian, Indian, and Japanese – all with lots of options for vegetarians or carnavores alike! The cold soups and homemade desserts were so unique and creative; the resort should publish a recipe book!
The jungle surroundings blended perfect with the beachfront surf and was alive with exotic wildlife.
I enjoyed several experiences in the on site spa including acupuncture, the coffee body scrub and deep tissue massage. All the treatments were blissful and a perfect compliment to the physical elements of my trip.
The optional off site excursions were fun getaways and included the canopy tour (fantastic!), surfing (make sure there are waves!), and waterfall hike (go on your own).
I met some wonderful people from across the globe at Blue Osa and made some terrific friends who will remain “for good.”
As life’s daily stresses return after vacation, my experience here has given me the capability to return to the serenity, peace and mindfulness of Blue Osa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Blue Osa Yoga Retreat & Spa our mission is simple: To provide you with an unforgettable experience –– nourishing body, mind and spirit.Let your focal point be the ocean. Imagine a cool ocean breeze across your face. Our yoga deck was designed to facilitate an immersive yoga experience: farm-to-table meals, first-class pampering, and beautiful eco-friendly accommodations. Our secluded beachfront property is located on Costa Rica’s biologically diverse Osa Peninsula. Here you will find coconut trees, colorful wildlife and crashing waves –– all guaranteed to provide a tranquil setting for letting go and living the pure life. Whether you’re looking for a tropical paradise to relax & renew, to delve deeper into your yoga practice, OR an exotic locale to embark on Travel-Channel-worthy adventures, we’ve got you covered. We offer tailor-made experiences for individuals, groups and retreat leaders. Our packages include yoga, eco-spa therapies and various nearby tropical adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Osa Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Blue Osa Yoga Retreat And Spa Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez