I found Blue Osa online and took a chance on booking my first retreat there in March of 2012. I had not been to Costa Rica for a retreat. I had travelled to Mexico and experienced larger venues and thought that they were idyllic until my experience at Blue Osa.
Yogi Aaron, one of the owners, supported and guided me via email before my arrival. As a first time retreat leader, I had many questions and he answered ALL of them in a timely and kind manner. He gave me advice and also gave me room to make some of my own decisions which left me feeling empowered and excited about being a first time leader.
I decided to return this year to Blue Osa to lead my second retreat and Yogi Aaron and his staff were as helpful and friendly as they were my first time around...it was like coming back home!
From the first moment of your arrival at Blue Osa, you are treated like one of the family. Aaron and his staff are friendly, helpful, and courteous. Staff member greet you every morning with a smile and cheery "Buenos Dias"!
From there, it's 5 stars in every category! The rooms are simple and elegant and incredibly clean. This is an eco-resort and so the rooms are cooled by overhead fans and super-fans that are placed bedside. However, at night, it's the ocean breeze that cools the rooms and the sounds of the rainforest that lull you to sleep. You will hear and see toucans, macaws, and howler monkeys. There is morning silence till 7:30am though you will be greeted by the wagging tails of Shiva, Rama, Pete and Steve - The Dogs of Blue Osa.
The food at Blue Osa is the best I have ever experienced at any retreat I have visited including my experiences at very well known centers in Tulum, Mexico. The menu is incredibly varied and everything is made fresh that day. This is due to Marie, the head chef. She is dedicated to the art of cooking and her kitchen is run with LOVE!
Blue Osa has a private beach as well as a chlorine free pool. You can walk on the beach and/or swim in the ocean for an extended time without seeing a soul....You REALLY are in the middle of the rainforest!
The Yoga Studio is not only beautiful but solidly built. The floors are resilient and the studio is stocked with plenty of blocks, straps and blankets. There are ceiling fans to help cool down the space if needed but I found the ocean breeze to be ideal. The view of the ocean is spectacular and I can think of no better place to do morning meditation than facing the ocean during sunrise.
Before every dinner, Aaron, Marie, members of the staff and the guests gather before the food. Aaron speaks to the sacred quality of life, the importance of breaking bread together and being at cause for living in accordance with nature. He brings us back to understanding that who we are being is even more important then what we do for a living and that Blue Osa is the place where we can re-set our intentions to live life from love, compassion, and awareness....It just doesn't get better than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Blue Osa Yoga Retreat & Spa our mission is simple: To provide you with an unforgettable experience –– nourishing body, mind and spirit.Let your focal point be the ocean. Imagine a cool ocean breeze across your face. Our yoga deck was designed to facilitate an immersive yoga experience: farm-to-table meals, first-class pampering, and beautiful eco-friendly accommodations. Our secluded beachfront property is located on Costa Rica’s biologically diverse Osa Peninsula. Here you will find coconut trees, colorful wildlife and crashing waves –– all guaranteed to provide a tranquil setting for letting go and living the pure life. Whether you’re looking for a tropical paradise to relax & renew, to delve deeper into your yoga practice, OR an exotic locale to embark on Travel-Channel-worthy adventures, we’ve got you covered. We offer tailor-made experiences for individuals, groups and retreat leaders. Our packages include yoga, eco-spa therapies and various nearby tropical adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Osa Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Blue Osa Yoga Retreat And Spa Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez