I purchased a vacation package from Living Social for Blue Osa and stayed for 7 days with my wife in late March. I have traveled all over the world, and nothing has left a bigger imprint for me than my stay at Blue Osa. It's as though someone took the most majestic piece of ocean front land and just dropped this tiny resort perfectly in place.
We did not go as part of a yoga retreat, but we did use the yoga studio often. The studio is fully equipped with all props and rental mats. The studio overlooks the ocean and the sounds of the waves crashing add the perfect soundtrack for your practice. If you don't practice yoga, don't worry, there were plenty of people who were there just for the R&R that never stepped foot in the yoga studio. It seems like they had just as an incredible time as we did.
Blue Osa is EXTREMELY laid back. You can have dinner in shorts and a t-shirt, lunch in your swimsuit, and enjoy some cocktails in the evening. Aaron, the owner, is a legit yogi who is extremely kind . He and his staff take the business of running Blue Osa very seriously, but they don't take themselves very seriously which means lots of fun and laughter.
The food is prepared by a French chef named Marie and her loyal assistants. The only other time I have eaten this well was in the Tuscan countryside. For those of you who have been to Italy, need I say more?
Blue Osa has plenty of activities to keep you occupied. However, the location is very remote and provides an excellent opportunity to unplug from the world, read, and reflect. The remoteness of Blue Osa also means that the beautiful black sand beach is almost always deserted. I really enjoyed the rare opportunity to literally be on my own private tropical beach.
Who should not go here:
-There is no air conditioning, but you will get used to it like I did. I had no trouble sleeping whatsoever. If you cannot handle the thought of not having AC, then don't go
-If you don't know what to do with yourself unless there are non-stop activities, don't go. There are activities, but if you can't read a book or just relax by the pool or beach for a couple of hours then this might not work for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Blue Osa Yoga Retreat & Spa our mission is simple: To provide you with an unforgettable experience –– nourishing body, mind and spirit.Let your focal point be the ocean. Imagine a cool ocean breeze across your face. Our yoga deck was designed to facilitate an immersive yoga experience: farm-to-table meals, first-class pampering, and beautiful eco-friendly accommodations. Our secluded beachfront property is located on Costa Rica’s biologically diverse Osa Peninsula. Here you will find coconut trees, colorful wildlife and crashing waves –– all guaranteed to provide a tranquil setting for letting go and living the pure life. Whether you’re looking for a tropical paradise to relax & renew, to delve deeper into your yoga practice, OR an exotic locale to embark on Travel-Channel-worthy adventures, we’ve got you covered. We offer tailor-made experiences for individuals, groups and retreat leaders. Our packages include yoga, eco-spa therapies and various nearby tropical adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Osa Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Blue Osa Yoga Retreat And Spa Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez