I had no previous experience with Costa Rica, so I was a virgin to the hospitable culture as well as to The Blue Osa Yoga Retreat. I was with my partner attending a yoga retreat and as you might imagine from the website, it's a perfect place for such an event. The group was great, the room was beautiful and an excellent beach - practically private. Truly one of my best vacations ever. I've always been a fan of the Big Island, but traveling from the East coast - it's just too long of a journey for a week. Costa Rica was a short 4 hour flight to San Jose from Charlotte, NC and then a small plane connection to the Osa Peninsula. Better to arrive a day before your retreat for an overnight in San Jose. Not much to see or do in San Jose, but it makes for an easier trip. I preferred Nature Air for the local flight even though it's at a different airport. Less restrictions on luggage weight and the taxi trip is about 25 minutes from almost anywhere in San Jose.
The food and staff are equally as fantastic. It's was Valentines Day during our visit and the staff made our room especially beautiful as a surprise for my partner. Very sweet!
I feel like I will visit The Blue Osa many times in the future. I personally think that visiting a place as remote as The Blue Osa, it's best done as a group retreat. However, I spend a lot of time alone (too much) and I loved the group energy. That's just a personal preference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Blue Osa Yoga Retreat & Spa our mission is simple: To provide you with an unforgettable experience –– nourishing body, mind and spirit.Let your focal point be the ocean. Imagine a cool ocean breeze across your face. Our yoga deck was designed to facilitate an immersive yoga experience: farm-to-table meals, first-class pampering, and beautiful eco-friendly accommodations. Our secluded beachfront property is located on Costa Rica’s biologically diverse Osa Peninsula. Here you will find coconut trees, colorful wildlife and crashing waves –– all guaranteed to provide a tranquil setting for letting go and living the pure life. Whether you’re looking for a tropical paradise to relax & renew, to delve deeper into your yoga practice, OR an exotic locale to embark on Travel-Channel-worthy adventures, we’ve got you covered. We offer tailor-made experiences for individuals, groups and retreat leaders. Our packages include yoga, eco-spa therapies and various nearby tropical adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Osa Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Blue Osa Yoga Retreat And Spa Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez