“Return to Paradise”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
Ajax, Canada
“Return to Paradise”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Blue Osa, simply put, is paradise. This year I was fortunate enough to return to Blue Osa for a second time. The beauty of the property, the kindness of the staff and the incredible food are just a few of the reasons you must visit this place at least once in your lifetime, and then I guarantee you will want to return again.
My intention in returning to Blue Osa was to find a sense of ease and peace and I was able to fall into the natural organic rythm of harmony very quickly once I arrived. The property is stunning and is the perfect place to relax and soak in the beauty of the natural surroundings. The spa facility is also incredible. You MUST have a massage from Jesus, he is very intuitive and will know exactly what you need.
The food is amazing with Marie in the kitchen and lovely fresh foods. As a vegetarian I was very well-fed and the way the food is prepared and presented with love helps you to remember to be grateful for everything the earth provides.
The staff are beyond words. Everyone is so accepting, compassionate and kind that they make you feel welcome as soon as you arrive and for the duration of your stay. I was greeted by "welcome home" and I cannot wait to go back. Thank you Aaron, Marie, Paul, Michael and everyone at Blue Osa for an amazing week. Much love...

Room Tip: The rooms under the yoga deck are amazing. I would also recommend the tree-climbing and waterfall r...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Finnish first
prbm
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I left New York a total stressed-out mess and came back completely relaxed. NO complaints. What I liked about this place is that it is not part of some big slick resort chain, its small enough that you feel attended to without the hovering. Impeccably clean, outstanding food, warm friendly people, beautiful quiet beach, and nature everywhere. Its a bit difficult to get to but you really feel as though you are away from it all. I'm coming back next year!

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Just returned from a yoga retreat at Blue Osa. Thank you David M and Bob P. The Blue Osa grounds are beautiful and are kept pristine! The staff are outstanding and make you feel at home. The ocean access is great! The beach is spectacular. The meals prepared by Marie and her staff are fresh, filling and spectacular! The resort mascots (both dogs and cats) give it a home like feeling. I received an acupuncture session with Koji which I highly recommend. He is extremely knowledgable and professional. The rooms are comfortable but remember, no air conditioning. Nothing that a good ceiling and bedside fan can't help you through the night. My room was kept clean and fresh. One thing to watch is the shower water temperature! You have the option of HOT or COLD. The pool area is excellent and makes for a great swim anytime.

Room Tip: I would probably choose any of the room under the Yoga facility for my next trip.
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just returned from a yoga retreat for men at Blue Osa. I found out that i am not much of a fan of yoga. That is not the point of this review. I am giving an overall rating of four stars, because the rooms are not five stars. They are adequate and attractive, but lack air conditioning and the hot water situation has an improvement in the works, so i was told. Otherwise, this place really is a class act, with its beautiful grounds overlooking the sea. The word idyllic come to mind. The meals are certainly first rate under the direction of Marie, a native of southern France. I had two first rate massages, one by Jesus and the other by Marcela. The highlight of my week was the acupuncture sesssion with Koji, a very interesting young man, a doctor of Chinese medicine. There is an array of dogs and cats to please an animal lover like me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Harmony, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My week at the Blue Osa was the most awe inspiring week I have ever spent throughout my travels. From the moment I arrived the staff immediately made me feel as part of their family! The beautiful grounds and accommodations made for the utmost in tranquil and rejuvenating vacations ever. Marie, Jose, and Olhere prepared the most exquisite culinary feasts every meal! I had never participated in yoga before and was not quite sure how I would fare, but first time yogi's please do not let that stop you! I attended several sessions, but when I chose not to there were many spa treatments and excursions available. I would just like to send my love and appreciation to Adam, Aaron, Paul, Michael, Marie, Jose, Olhere, and anyone else I have not named for bringing peace and meaning back to my life after the loss of my son. I have alaready arranged for another trip and am anxiously awaiting to be with all of you again! My visit can not come soon enough...I am with Shasta T...if I could, I would live there! Thanks again Blue Osa staff and family!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank KLWahl
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My week at Blue Osa exceeded expectations. The yoga, the staff, the services, the food (amazing!!!!!), the atmosphere, the spirit ... could not have been better. In addition to twice daily yoga classes I took advantage of the massage therapy and acupuncture treatments. Exemplary is the word that repeatedly comes to mind. Whether it was solitary walks on the beach or relaxing in peace on the pool deck, Blue Osa has created a space that allows you to restore, relax and reflect. As a solo traveller I was a little apprehensive about the experience but the warmth and inclusive quality of Blue Osa made me feel like I was vacationing with old friends. I would definitely return. Thank you Aaron. Your hospitality, humour, genuineness and accessibility is sincerely appreciated. Until next time.

Ontario
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

My experience at Blue Osa was from beginning to end ultimate bliss and tranquility. Everything from the staff, gourmet food, lush grounds and services...this place has it all. Waking up to the sounds of the jungle and waves from the ocean I truly miss. Thank you Aaron, Paul and all the wonderful staff at Blue Osa for making this hands down the best week of my life. I left with a feeling of inner calm, connection with the divine and appreciation for all the love and support I received while I was there! Thank you!!!!

• Stayed January 2013
#6 of 12 in Puerto Jimenez
Cabinas Jimenez
Cabinas Jimenez
#2 of 12 in Puerto Jimenez

Been to Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!