I frankly knew next to nothing about Blue Osa before going there two weeks ago. The planning for the trip was minimal. All I knew for sure is that I was going to Costa Rica and to a tropical retreat. My friend arranged the trip, and he flew down from New York to join me in South Florida which is an easy jump-off place to Central America. We couldn't book for all the days we wanted (note: don't do last minute planning or more accurately "non-planning") so we had to make other arrangements for the balance of our trip. By the way the country is not very large but extremely diverse, and if you have the time to explore it's definitely worthwhile.
For me Blue Osa stands out as the high point of the trip. Its somewhat remote location meant a short flight from San Jose, but the location means greater detachment from the outside world with all its stressful anxiety. Blue Osa is designed to slow you down and connect you more intimately with yourself, your co-habitants and nature. It's super safe. Locking doors seemed to be optional. A side trip to a cocoa farm was a learning experience in itself. You'll have trouble resisting the chocolate.
You can't always be guaranteed that others who come at the same time a you will be to your liking, but I was fortunate to be joined by many interesting and intelligent people, some of whom I hope to remain in contact. The staff, the services, the food (non-pareil) are as already described - superb. Go with confidence that you are being offered a high quality experience. Everything is well thought out, including such small ecological features as preserving water usage (e.g. don't flush paper in the toilets - something I experienced years ago in a kibbutz in Israel). So, go with an open mind and appreciate all that it is. You can go both inside and outside yourself as you please, but whatever state your in or whatever you're looking for I don't think you'll be disappointed.
You can also practice your language skills - Spanish naturally but also French with Marie, chef extraordinaire.
I hope this has helped you. As I write I go back to those memorable days there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Blue Osa Yoga Retreat & Spa our mission is simple: To provide you with an unforgettable experience –– nourishing body, mind and spirit.Let your focal point be the ocean. Imagine a cool ocean breeze across your face. Our yoga deck was designed to facilitate an immersive yoga experience: farm-to-table meals, first-class pampering, and beautiful eco-friendly accommodations. Our secluded beachfront property is located on Costa Rica’s biologically diverse Osa Peninsula. Here you will find coconut trees, colorful wildlife and crashing waves –– all guaranteed to provide a tranquil setting for letting go and living the pure life. Whether you’re looking for a tropical paradise to relax & renew, to delve deeper into your yoga practice, OR an exotic locale to embark on Travel-Channel-worthy adventures, we’ve got you covered. We offer tailor-made experiences for individuals, groups and retreat leaders. Our packages include yoga, eco-spa therapies and various nearby tropical adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Osa Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Blue Osa Yoga Retreat And Spa Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez