I think the best way to describe the vibe at Blue Osa is luxury sleep-away camp for adults (there's even a bell for meal-times, which BTW dinner is served as a group making it very easy for the solo travelers to meet new friends) I loved living in the jungle but like others mentioned it comes with occasional inconveniences, they really mean it when they say we are living with the wildlife, I shared my room with a handful of geckos every night - I miss their chirping :)
The staff is friendly and thoughtful, with both the big and little things (like dropping an umbrella off at your door during a pre-dinner rainstorm or making sure your porch light is turned on for you when you get back from having drinks with all the new friends you made at dinner). The positive energy at Blue Osa is practically tangible.
I opted for a personal yoga retreat (one on one classes twice a day) which really inspired me - my once a week practice is now daily. Laura is a phenomenal instructor, I didn't realize exactly how much she personalized our classes until returned to my home classes and found they kept missing poses that I really enjoyed/needed. I was initially a bit intimidated by having so much individual attention but Laura was compassionate, intuitive and light, she really made the time we spent together both motivating and fun. Now if only she would start streaming classes on YouTube (hint...hint, Aaron, Marie's cooking shouldn't get all the attention;)
While it isn't a five star resort, Jesus put the massage I had at the Four Seasons to shame - do NOT miss the opportunity, the man has magic hands. Also, spend some time with Feo, he is incredibly knowledgable about the local flora and fauna.
And yes Marie's cooking is phenomenal and the location is breathtaking... And there are lots of fun excursions (zip-lining, rappelling, biking, hiking) if you're feeling the need for some adventure. Can't wait to plan a second visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Blue Osa Yoga Retreat & Spa our mission is simple: To provide you with an unforgettable experience –– nourishing body, mind and spirit.Let your focal point be the ocean. Imagine a cool ocean breeze across your face. Our yoga deck was designed to facilitate an immersive yoga experience: farm-to-table meals, first-class pampering, and beautiful eco-friendly accommodations. Our secluded beachfront property is located on Costa Rica’s biologically diverse Osa Peninsula. Here you will find coconut trees, colorful wildlife and crashing waves –– all guaranteed to provide a tranquil setting for letting go and living the pure life. Whether you’re looking for a tropical paradise to relax & renew, to delve deeper into your yoga practice, OR an exotic locale to embark on Travel-Channel-worthy adventures, we’ve got you covered. We offer tailor-made experiences for individuals, groups and retreat leaders. Our packages include yoga, eco-spa therapies and various nearby tropical adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Osa Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Blue Osa Yoga Retreat And Spa Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez