“absolute paradise”

Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Blue Osa is truly a piece of paradise. Ideal location, beautiful beach, spectacular pool, stunning yoga studio and lovely rooms. The staff were generous and helpful and Marie, a chef extraordinaire! Each night was a stunning culinary creation. It was a relaxing and renewing setting; yet yoga, kayaking, daily excursions and surfing were all possible, too. I highly recommend it!

Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa

Reviewed March 24, 2012

I attended a yoga retreat at Blue Osa in February 2012. The location and the landscaping was absolutely beautiful. The food was truly outstanding and I can't say enough good things about the meals that Marie prepared. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Although he wasn't officially "staff" Paul G. truly made us all feel so welcomed and at home. He was always so helpful about anything he was asked. The lap pool was great and was a great alternative to the ocean. The yoga studio has an unbelievable view of the ocean and is most inspiring both during the day and at night. It is definitely work a trip to Costa Rica to experience it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building (above dining area) must share a bathroom. Other rooms may have shared o...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 13, 2012

I was invited to Blue Osa by a friend without really knowing what to expect. I spent the two weeks prior to my visit all over Costa Rica, and Blue Osa was the perfect ending to a great getaway! In fact, it was the best part of my trip to Costa Rica. The staff is warm and welcoming, treating you like an old friend well missed. The food is amazing! I still can't get over the food. It's all fresh and mostly vegetarian. The facility itself is well laid out, situated on a private stretch of beach with clean guest rooms. At night, you can hear the sound of waves crashing nearby. If the ocean isn't your thing, there's a wonderful (and warm) lap pool to swim in or lounge by. This is a great place to go to with a group of people or by yourself. I found myself comfortably walking the private beach alone at sunrise and also hanging out at night with the yoga retreat that was there. I cannot wait to return to Blue Osa during my next trip to Costa Rica. I only stayed at Blue Osa for 3 days and that was not nearly long enough!

Thank you to Aaron, Michael, Paul, and the rest of the wonderful staff at Blue Osa for making my stay one to remember (and want to relive)!

Room Tip: The Penthouse room is great, with a panoramic view of the ocean!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Yogijerr
Reviewed March 12, 2012

My first time in the country Costa Rica of Blue Osa was spent at The Blue Osa. Very much looking forward to my next time at The Blue Osa, already planned for next year. The Blue Osa, low key and informal but still with class and style. I have traveled all around the world and there is nothing negative I have shared with anyone about the Blue Osa. Right on the ocean, with a beach great for swimming and strolling. Not always the case I have discovered at some luxurious resorts. The weather was perfect and the grounds are beautiful. For you pool lovers, the pool and surrounding area is even more gorgeous then the pictures. Food is served buffet style, but dietary issues are gladly accommodated. Every meal was delicious served in a beautiful open air dining area. Many activities in the area that Blue Osa can arrange, but never leaving the grounds of the hotel is a great way to spend a few days. Could go on and on. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, only difference is the size.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
blueosa, Owner at Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Christopher, what a treat to have you and the group come to Blue Osa in February. Wow. One of the largest groups we have had yet. What a week.

From someone has travelled so much, your comments and insights were very appreciated. And Marie still talks about the chicken you made one night.

Blessings
Aaron

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Every detail of my stay at the Blue Osa was exquisite. The staff treats you warmly, like family that they want to be around, and the atmosphere is balanced between the beauty of the natural surroundings and the way the buildings and furnishings are carved around it. Adam and Michael were fabulous hosts who genuinely care for every guest. And don't get me started on the food -- delicious and nutritious! My co-workers keep telling me that I am walking on air since I returned from my Blue Osa experience. I cannot insist enough how deserving a 5 star plus vacation destination Blue Osa is.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank y0gayenta
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Blue Osa blew my mind away. Everything combined to make my stay there an experience like no other. The grounds are immaculate, the open architecture, the rooms are well appointed and decorated in a very simple but elegant way, not to mention the secluded beach.. However, the true magic came from its staff. Aaron is such a gracious & friendly host, not to mention a terrific yoga instructor. The kitchen staff led by Marie kept me and the rest of the group well fed and in good spirits. The same goes for the housekeeping and groundkeeping staff. One of my best experiences was getting to know them. I spent an extra day at Blue Osa with very few guests. Most of the students in my retreat group had left and a new group was arriving later so I had the entire place for myself for a good portion of a day. I was treated like family, everyone constantly checking in on me, making sure I was confortable and enjoying my day. That same day I had the pleasure of having lunch with Adam (Aaron's business partner), Marie, Michael (manager) and other staff members at their table. They made me feel like part of their family, happy to see me and to share their table with me. That alone was the icing on an otherwise perfect cake. I spent my birthday at Blue Osa, surrounded by people that until that week I had never met. I have to say, this was one of the best birthdays I have ever had.
I am looking forward to my next visit, which I hope will be sooner rather than later.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Everyone's reviews of Blue Osa are right on--Marie's fresh and healthy cooking was such a treat, the location is perfect, Aaron and Paul were so nice, and they'll help you figure out what--if any--activities you want to do, and you don't have to plan ahead. So we did a few of them--kayaking, nature walk, animal sanctuary, and climbed an 80-foot tree. We mixed that in with a couple days of rest, and it was a perfect blend. We really enjoyed the other guests who were there when we were--either we really lucked out, or Blue Osa just attracts good and kind people. We had hot water and electricity, no problem. Just know to bring a good selection of shoes (hiking, walking, teva types, even Crocs). Bring bug spray, for sure (although they have lovely mosquito nets over the beds), and you gotta be able to live without a flatiron or hairdryer (oh, that was soooo hard for me!). Their pool is spectacularly gorgeous and clean, and we definitely recommend getting the most unique massage of your life from Jesus! If leaving your dogs at home makes you sad, they have three sweet dogs on the property, and most often when you start walking to the beach, a couple of them might join you! We would recommend Blue Osa to our friends and family, without hesitation!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Cabinas Jimenez
Cabinas Jimenez
#2 of 12 in Puerto Jimenez
Bosque del Cabo Rainforest Lodge

Been to Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!