“Serenity and beauty”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
New York City, New York
“Serenity and beauty”
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I spent a sublime week at Blue Osa -- the location, the more or less private beach, the excellent food and the friendly staff-- made it a truly memorable experience. The hotel website gives you a good intro to what's in store. They are very eco-conscious, and if you are going for yoga, this is certainly the place for you. If, however, you are looking for somewhere to replicate your urban consumerist life in a tropical setting, this will not be to your taste. At Blue Osa you truly can un-plug and leave as small a 21st century footprint as possible while relaxing and taking in the beauty of the surroundings.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Finnish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Just spent a week there on a yoga retreat and had an exceptional experience. I love nature and Blue Osa is right in the middle of it all - jungle, beach, wildlife. There are beautiful birds everywhere, and you may be awoken at dawn by the sound of howler monkeys (although I didn't spot any directly on the grounds). The yoga practice studio overlooks the beach and is beautiful. The food was excellent and the staff exceptionally friendly. There were many day trips and excursions that could be arranged. The pool is gorgeous. I can't wait to go back to the Blue Osa.
Mike L, NY, NY

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Blue Osa Changed my life! Secluded black sand beaches, neat architecture, Amazing dinners and the best yoga instruction I have ever had doesn't even describe my life-changing experience! This was such an amazing vacation!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I’m referring to my 11 days at Blue Osa as my “Goldilocks Vacation” – everything was just right, and in many cases better. I loved my stay. I went for 11 nights and 7 of them were the week long Christmas yoga retreat with Aaron. Aaron, Adam, Marie and Paul are amazing and gracious, super treat souls.

The accommodations were great. I stayed in Room 7 – Shanti, under the yoga studio and it was perfect. I was a single, woman traveling alone and Costa Rica is a great, easy country to travel to and the information that Blue Osa provided made me trip from San Francisco to the beautiful jungle easy, safe and stress free.

Blue Osa is on the gulf side of the Osa. There is a beautiful beach where you can walk down to a river and see all kinds of animals. Crazy animals in every place you let yourself look close and just take a breath. In the first two hours of my visit, just walking around the grounds, I saw white-faced capuchins including with 3 moms with 3 babies on their backs, a toucan, howler monkeys, scarlet macaws – ask Fillo who works at Blue Osa to show you his latest around the grounds. If you are into biodiversity, this place is teaming. I can name so many more. Fillo will take you to see whatever animal you can name and the Osa will give you something that is beyond what you can imagine up.

Marie and her staff. AMAZING. The food was wonderful. You will marvel at every meal. The presentation, the cut flowers from the grounds. Every meal and Blue Osa was a delight (I’ve been to the Osa before and this is not typical nor are the accommodations or the spa).

I left with numbers of friends. And I now know more than a handful of people that I look forward to seeing in my city or when I visit theirs’.

I had a lot of fun while I stayed and went kayaking in the mangroves, traveled across the bay to the animal sanctuary and the botanic garden, went on the chocolate farm tour, took a night hike, waterfall hike and birding tour with the Blue Osa guide (Fillo), went zip lining, and I think something else besides my solo walks and the spa! Yes, it costs money but you can’t put a price on the memories or the benefit to your mental health or the people you meet or what you see.

I’m a little late in writing my review because I am practicing what I learned at Blue Osa rest, relaxation, giving to myself and to others and true pura vida.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We spent Christmas and New Year at the Blue Osa and what a treat it was! We live part time in Costa Rica and can honestly say the food here was the best we have ever had anywhere which is particularly amazing considering the location.

To see scarlet macaws in the wild is sight to behold and you'll not be sorry if you stay at the Blue Osa located right on the bay with miles of deserted beach.

Although the wildlife was fascinating so were the other residents. A nicer, more interesting bunch of homo sapiens you couldn't have wished to meet!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hstn2guys
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2012

When planning my trip to BLUE OSA, Aaron first told me that for however long I stay, by the end, I will wish I had stayed longer. I thought he was alluding to strolling the gorgeous beach just steps away (kayaked the early morning surf), the exotic wildlife and jungle adventures (Tree Climbing and exquisite waterfalls), or getting that last spa treatment to soothe the soul (heavenly!)...when I left, I realized that all these things became a backdrop to what Blue Osa is really about...FAMILY.
Traveling on my own, I was immediately welcomed with smiles and laughter. Michael, the property manager, and his team were nothing short of professional and integral in making my visit absolutely flawless. Marie and her incredibly talented kitchen staff provided me some of the most delicious and freshest meals I could ask for. And Aaron's spiritual guidance allowed my yoga practice to flourish and THRIVE!! Of course there are two souls that really run Blue Osa, Rama and Shiva...they run around the property like it's their kingdom and embody the true spirit of family and unity.
Muchas Gracias from the bottom of my heart to the caring, hard working and friendly staff of Blue Osa. You made my time here a true oasis of bliss and I look forward to my return and re-connecting with you all again. Much love and light from the Great White Way. Besos!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed January 16, 2012

My husband and I recently returned home from our incredible stay at the Blue Osa, and could not be happier.
The setting was spectacular! They are surrounded by the rainforest, but have created a chic, sophisticated space. The wood used there is all teak and their signature colors are refreshing blues and crisp white. The yoga studio is set up on the second floor above room accomodations, and is unbeatable!
Something unique to Blue Osa alone, is the friendly, open atmosphere and people we met there. My husband and I have traveled all over the world, together & individually, and both agree we have never met so many amazing people in one place before. I adored each guest I met there. We normally don't socialize too much, as we are so happy doing our own thing and being together, but here they place your napkin at a table for you and at dinner you come in and find where you are sitting. I was happily surprised at what a noninvasive way this was to get to know new people. And was even more delighted with the interesting conversations we had. And the dinners/food was phenomenal! Marie, the head chef, is extremely talented. It was always so fun to see what would be served!
My husband and I spent our days waking up with the sunrise, heading to the dining area for coffee, fresh fruit, granola & yogurt, then for a run, beach jog or some activity before brunch. A delicious brunch, then more sport or reading by the pool or hammock. Usually I'd paddle board & he'd surf for an hour or two around sunset, then head in for a hot shower (and yes, the water was always hot! ;) ) and get ready for dinner. At dinner we would enjoy great conversations, a delicious meal, and a yummy specially made cocktail there.
We saw toucans, macaws, any of four different species of monkey daily, as well as many different colorful birds.
This trip was a luxury for my soul!
You will love Aaron, Paul, Marie, Jesus (amazing massuese!), and all the staff there. I enjoyed them each so very much.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Bosque del Cabo Rainforest Lodge
Cabinas Jimenez
Cabinas Jimenez
#2 of 12 in Puerto Jimenez

Been to Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!