“Heaven On Earth”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Puerto Jimenez
Montgomery, TX
“Heaven On Earth”
Reviewed May 31, 2011

It has been only a day since I departed the Blue OSA and I can't wait to go back. The Blue OSA exceeded my expectations. My 20 year old daugtherand I were seeking relaxing and rejuvenation. I was also wanting a bit of adventure in a remote location. The OSA penisula is the perfect place to head to. It is lush and green with fabulous beaches and wildlife. The Blue OSA is a gem in the midst of a relatively undeveloped area. The staff is amazing. Stephan, the manager truly understands customer service and will do whatever he can to ensure that your stay meets your needs. Marie, the French chef provides you with a true culinary experience at every meal. Vanessa, the spa manager provided us with the most amazing facial that included a foot and hand/arm/shoulder massage and Jesus, the massage therapist will knead away any knots you have. Truly was the best massage I have ever had. We had private yoga lessons with Sabina who will not only teach and guide you in your yoga practice but also inspire you in your everyday life. The Blue OSA facilites (rooms, dining area, lap pool, hammock, yoga room, etc.) are lovely and beautifully designed and decorated. PJ and SJ

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank patticarol

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Finnish first
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Needed a major break. Wanted yoga/spa/natural beauty but also enough to satisfy our 14 year old son. Blue Osa was a complete escape, very low key, but with so much to do. Great yoga (Aaron goes deep), wonderful massage and facial, lovely beach to stroll but also ziplines, hikes, rappelling waterfalls, surfing, snorkeling, animal sanctuaries. The staff (Steve is the best) arranges everything with ease. Also, the food is fantastic (Marie brings French flair to tropical ingredients) and served in a beautiful open air setting. The location and design are gorgeous (Adam is a genius). The other guests were a delight, very friendly, we all just were so happy to be there.This was really one of the best holidays we have ever had.

Room Tip: Speak to Steve.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AJKaufman
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2011

I stayed at Blue Osa for 5 days in January. The only complaint I have is that it is on the other side of the world for me - I can't wait for another opportunity to go back.

Blue Osa is a beautiful setting. Fantastic accomodation on the edge of the rainforest, surrounded by a wonderful protected beach.

I was there on vacation but found myself getting up at 5.30am just to sit by the beach and watch the sun rise, with the waves rolling in and the sounds of the rainforest waking up - a magical and memorable experience.

Even though there were other guests staying there, there was plenty of space to just enjoy some 'me' time and just enjoy doing nothing. It has been a long time since I have been able to spend an afternoon in a hamock, read a book and sleep - I was certainly able to do this during my time at Blue Osa.

There were also plenty of day and half-day activities close by and I took the opportunity to do a tour of the chocolate farm and a bicycle ride/walk through the rainforest - up close with the wildlife such as white face monkeys and butterflies. The staff were more than helpful to make these arrangements and offer suggestions.

Aaron, Stephen and all the staff were fabulous, courteous and always available to help out where necessary. The food was excellent, full of flavour and variety (well done Jose and Marjorie).

Blue Osa is also a Spa, so I didn't miss the opportunity for a 90 minute massage with Jesus and a 60 minute facial with Aaron. These guys certainly know their stuff - I was blissed out after my afternoon of pampering.

I initially chose Blue Osa because of the yoga and the yoga studio is just perfect - airy and overlooking the beach. But I'd go back to Blue Osa again even without the yoga. It's a perfect base to explore Corcovado National Park or just as a a perfect secluded vacation spot.

Well done to all at Blue Osa and thanks for an amazing week.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SteveG070
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I stayed in a Cabina and had a wonderful time. The setting is incredible; very restful and relaxing and yet there is a lot to do if you want adventure. The spa treatments were excellent and I would go back in a minute.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed April 4, 2011

My visit to Blue Osa was part of a 10 day vacation that was very much needed. I spent 5 days at Blue Osa and since I have been back, I can only dream about the next time I can visit. I spent the better part of the 5 days of my stay on the beach, taking pictures and spending time relaxing while listening to the waves crash. The staff at Blue Osa made it very easy to schedule excursions (chocolate farm tours, hikes through the rainforest, massages, acupuncture, facials, etc...) but once the gates to Blue Osa opened, I couldn't even imagine leaving. I did take a couple bike rides and learned how to kayak for the first time in my life (you can rent mountain bikes and kayaks right there at the resort). I have never been on a real vacation before, and I really felt like every morning that I woke up I was dreaming still. I felt so at home, it was hard to believe that I didn't live there. The beach is a 10 second walk from the rooms, and they have one of the most amazing heated lap pools that I have ever seen! I loved waking up every morning to homemade granola and fruit and homemade yogurt (Ever since I came back, I've actually tried to relive that by making that for myself). The food was AMAZING, I had the amazing honor of enjoying Chef Marie's delicious creations... everything made by hand: chocolate mousse, fruit tiramisu, even the dressings for the salads were amazing on their own! Not only did I make new friends with most of the group that was there for their own retreat, I feel like I've made friends with most of the people working there. I can't help but look forward to my next visit to Costa Rica and hopefully an even longer stay at Blue Osa!

Oh yeah, I did have a facial from the owner Aaron. As a hairdresser working in the Spa Industry, you can tell the attention to detail that Aaron gives in his facials not to mention that it was the best facial that I have ever had!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CuttingCorners
Brookl
Reviewed March 30, 2011

In a stunningly beautiful place where visitors might be inclined to let particulars about service and amenities slide, Blue Osa has spared no detail, and takes nothing for granted.

The place. Off a gravel road 15 minutes from the airstrip, Blue Osa is an intimate complex of two main buildings and a pool/spa area situated among perfectly manicured lawns, lush flowers, and trees full of local wildlife. The yoga studio sits on top of a cluster of guest rooms and faces the ocean, a hundred yards or so away. Across the lawn is the open-air dining/communal area with an enormous kitchen run by Marie (and her team)--a fantastic French chef who had restaurants in San Francisco and South America before settling (luckily) in Puerto Jimenez. From the spot lighting situated throughout the property to the Moroccan hanging lamps, to the torches poolside for pre-dinner cocktails, Blue Osa has paid close attention to style and design; as a result, the place feels at once intimate and permanent--like it's always been there.

Every meal is fresh and delicious; fundamentally French (hopefully she'll serve the Salad Niciose and potato gratin for you) with lots of local flavors and touches (fruits and fruit mixtures I can't remember the name of; avacado mousse; many others).

The staff, run by GM Stephen, with considerable help from Paul, is exceptional and creates a casual family feel, while at the same time, effortlessly meeting guests needs (last minute canoe and rain forest trips, massages, etc.). The team schedules meals, and builds the entire schedule for each week according to the wishes of the group in residence, so you really feel as if you've moved in. It's terrific.

The rooms are elegant, have good lighting, ceiling fans, and are open air.

Room Tip: Talk to Aaron
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Caswell4
Shorewood, Illinois
Reviewed March 30, 2011

Arriving in Feb. from the Chicago area Blue Osa was truly an oasis, the refuge, we desperately needed. My husband and I were attending a yoga retreat with my yoga teacher from home. Upon entering the property you are blown away from the lushness of the plants and tranquil quality of the setting. Stephen, the GM, greeted us and from then on his care and attention to every detail of our trip was unsurpassed. Aaron, the owner, has an amazing staff (and he gives a phenomenal facial).
Every person treated you so well. You felt like the most pampered guest and most loved family member at the same time. Paul, our everything guy, became a best friend to us all.
This is eco-friendly lodging upscale. Our accommodations were spacious and comfortable and clean. The open air yoga room transformed my practice, how inspiring to see the water breaking on the beach, see the scarlet macaws flying by and hear the howler monkey's call. A full service yoga facility.
We had expected to lose weight on this trip, but how could we with the delicious meals provided by Heather and Marie. We and our group of yogis have a real appreciation of food and we were never disappointed with the freshness, the local flare or the creative themes at dinner. Dining was a delight!
Blue Osa's spa services rival anything you can get in a top city spa. We had massages and facials and we ranked them as the best we have ever had.
Whether you just enjoy walking the pristine beach, relaxing on a lounge chair in the lush garden or by the lap pool or indulging in a spa service after your yoga practice...Blue Osa is the place to transform you.

Room Tip: Request a room in one of the seperate duplexes
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ILYogis
blueosa, Owner at Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
Wendy,

You and Fred were so much fun and such a welcome to the Blue Osa family. It is wonderful to have such a appreciative guests who enjoy and take all of the service the Blue Osa Staff want to provide for the guests.

We look forward to having the dynamic duo back!

Aaron
#4 of 40 in Osa Peninsula
Cabinas Jimenez
Cabinas Jimenez
#2 of 12 in Puerto Jimenez

Been to Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!