I stayed at Blue Osa for 5 days in January. The only complaint I have is that it is on the other side of the world for me - I can't wait for another opportunity to go back.
Blue Osa is a beautiful setting. Fantastic accomodation on the edge of the rainforest, surrounded by a wonderful protected beach.
I was there on vacation but found myself getting up at 5.30am just to sit by the beach and watch the sun rise, with the waves rolling in and the sounds of the rainforest waking up - a magical and memorable experience.
Even though there were other guests staying there, there was plenty of space to just enjoy some 'me' time and just enjoy doing nothing. It has been a long time since I have been able to spend an afternoon in a hamock, read a book and sleep - I was certainly able to do this during my time at Blue Osa.
There were also plenty of day and half-day activities close by and I took the opportunity to do a tour of the chocolate farm and a bicycle ride/walk through the rainforest - up close with the wildlife such as white face monkeys and butterflies. The staff were more than helpful to make these arrangements and offer suggestions.
Aaron, Stephen and all the staff were fabulous, courteous and always available to help out where necessary. The food was excellent, full of flavour and variety (well done Jose and Marjorie).
Blue Osa is also a Spa, so I didn't miss the opportunity for a 90 minute massage with Jesus and a 60 minute facial with Aaron. These guys certainly know their stuff - I was blissed out after my afternoon of pampering.
I initially chose Blue Osa because of the yoga and the yoga studio is just perfect - airy and overlooking the beach. But I'd go back to Blue Osa again even without the yoga. It's a perfect base to explore Corcovado National Park or just as a a perfect secluded vacation spot.
Well done to all at Blue Osa and thanks for an amazing week.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Blue Osa Yoga Retreat & Spa our mission is simple: To provide you with an unforgettable experience –– nourishing body, mind and spirit.Let your focal point be the ocean. Imagine a cool ocean breeze across your face. Our yoga deck was designed to facilitate an immersive yoga experience: farm-to-table meals, first-class pampering, and beautiful eco-friendly accommodations. Our secluded beachfront property is located on Costa Rica’s biologically diverse Osa Peninsula. Here you will find coconut trees, colorful wildlife and crashing waves –– all guaranteed to provide a tranquil setting for letting go and living the pure life. Whether you’re looking for a tropical paradise to relax & renew, to delve deeper into your yoga practice, OR an exotic locale to embark on Travel-Channel-worthy adventures, we’ve got you covered. We offer tailor-made experiences for individuals, groups and retreat leaders. Our packages include yoga, eco-spa therapies and various nearby tropical adventures. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Blue Osa Yoga Retreat and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Osa Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- Blue Osa Yoga Retreat And Spa Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez