“good people, good Costa Ricans, damn good tour guides” 5 of 5 bubbles

$35.00*
and up
Coconut Experience Tour in Puerto Jimenez
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure experts in the Tropical Rain Forest and Tropical coast... ..."Our Home". Aventuras Tropicales Golfo Dulce is a family business born in 1992 as a beautiful dream, to live and work in the natural paradise found in the Osa Peninsula, having the Golfo Dulce as neighbor. With a lifetime experience living in the tropics, our goal is to share with you our Tico heart and our deep love to the Osa Peninsula while we take you into an unforgettable adventure. Our guides are certified according to the national regulations. They have wide experience in the field and leading groups in the wild. Our professional guides have gown and liven in touch with nature, complementing the academic knowledge with empiric experience and the fresh costarrican culture.
New York City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“good people, good Costa Ricans, damn good tour guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

In March 2009 we took a four-day kayaking tour of Golfo Dulce, and there’s no doubt we got our money’s worth. (Actually, a lot more, considering the rather low price Aventuras Tropicales charges.) The logistics were flawless, the equipment was first rate, the food better than anything I eat back home.

I’m writing this review, though, because we got something out of the trip that no amount of money could ever buy: The privilege of being guided into and around the world of Alberto and Adriana Robleto.

Paddling alongside this father-daughter duo, I felt like an honored guest in their backyard. (A backyard, it should be pointed out, that’s filled with dolphins, scarlet macaws and sunsets so obscenely beautiful that only cliches could do them justice.) Alberto and Adriana are good people, good Costa Ricans… and not so incidentally, damn good tour guides.

My son is just a baby now, but as soon as he’s old enough to paddle, I plan on returning to Golfo Dulce to introduce him to the Robletos. He’ll be a better man for it.

2 Thank ElPino

Heredia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Students Groups having a Great Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

I work for a few Outdoor education companies and every time we need an amazing Sea kayaking adventure in Golfo Dulce, I always contact Aventuras Tropicales. Responsible and committed to excellence. Thank you for your exclusive way of operating!

1 Thank Soloclimber
Kathmandu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful company, wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

My husband and I were in Costa Rica a couple of years ago and went kayaking with Laura (the picture of the dolphin jumping on their website has me kayaking in the background :) and had such a fabulous experience. They are a local family who cares very much about their local area and bring that same care and compassion to their guests. I learned so much about the political, geographical and biological elements of Costa Rica and only wish we could have stayed longed to have more fun with them. They are ecologically sensitive and take great care to preserve their natural area and educate visitors on how they can help. Highly recommend this professional, qualified, and friendly family-company for any adventures in Peninsula de Osa!

2 Thank vannepal
ct
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Aventuras Tropicales Golfo Dulce are the best!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

We went on a four day kayaking and camping trip on Golfo Dulce. This was a very well organized trip. All the details were thought of and attended to.
Our guides, Alberto and his daughter Adriana, are at home in the water and on land in the Golfo. They are expert kayakers, hikers, campers and botanists. Also story tellers. And, to top it all, phenomenal cooks.

We have traveled all over the world, from the Himalayas to Sharm-el-Sheikh, New Delhi, Patagonia and more. This trip was by far one of the most exciting, pleasurable and educational.

When you travel with Aventuras Tropicales, expect the best. You will get it and more.

1 Thank bozito
GerhardtRaven
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kayaking Golfo Dulce is one of the best trips I've ever done.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

I was amazed to see such a beautiful and biologically rich piece of tropical coast so natural and undeveloped. The birding was fantastic...scarlet macaws, brown pelicans, boat billed herons, green herons, bananaquits, crested caracaras, yellow crowned nightherons and many others kept us entertained. The skin diving was most enjoyable and a welcome relief from the heat. We saw moray eels, spotted rays, hawkbill turtles, dolphins, a humpback whale and many tropical fish. The campsites were excellent, especially the last one where we harvested our food from a tropical garden.

Alberto and Adriana are a class-act. They are aware and wonderful people full of interesting stories. As keen birders and naturalists they enriched our understanding and appreciation of the wilds of Golfo Dulce. I appreciated the Tico menu and learned a few culinary tricks to take home. Alberto says I need more practice husking coconuts so I'll have to go back for another trip :-)

1 Thank GerhardtRaven